Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> finding accomodation in barcelona for vacations, lodging barcelona
alexciccini
post Mar 16 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 272808
Nominate me as a Local Expert

hi everyone i m kevin from portugal i m planning to come to barcelona for next hollydays and i would like to know if there is a better way than waisting dolars in hotels which in some case are costly and down the expectation.

so if someone took the opportunity to find a good compromise please tell me
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Mar 16 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

Actually, we rented an apartment in Barcelona while we were there and it was FANTASTIC!! From the research we did I can tell you that there are all kinds of apartments for rent. They are normally equipped with everything you'd need like kitchens, bathrooms, dishes, towels, linens etc. Buying your own groceries and cooking for yourself is fun because of all the great food available at the markets in Barcelona, and eating out is great too. Tapas! Yum.

I can't remember the name of the rental agency we used but it was really good. Everything was top notch and the price, for four of us in a two bedroom, was much better than a hotel. I'll try to see what I can come up with specifically so you can check it out.

Maybe, for a cheaper alternative you'd be into staying at a hostel? Is that more what you're thinking? There's also couchsurfing........

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tigerclaw94
post Mar 16 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 272810

hi man i m ricardo from brazil it s interesting question and i as so many times in barcelona this city is amazing well you know forget hotel i think you cannot find better compromise than renting a flat and with my lover thanks to gossip and earsays we dealt with rent agency www.dailyflats.com and they actually did a good job
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post Mar 16 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Navigator

Member No.: 13816

We also rented an apartment in Barcelona and it turned out great. We had the kids with us and it was cheaper than one room in a hotel (and we would have needed 2 rooms). We had a fantastic location just off Las Ramblas.

I wish I could remember the agency, but I just don't remember. Sorry!

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Mar 18 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

Hmmm, that Barcelona.com site seems very familiar....pretty sure we looked through the rentals there. Oh, and definitely looked at Casamunda.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pwong
post Oct 16 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 2498

I'm a big fan of staying in hostels, as they are cheap, generally centrally-located, and are a great place to meet other travelers. Barcelona is supposed to have some great ones; I've only stayed at the Mambo Tango hostel and thought it was great because of the owners, staff, and fellow travelers. There are also some great party hostels if that's your thing, but I've never stayed at any of them.

Having said that - my friends were in Barcelona in April and raved about an apartment they found on the internt. Clean, well-located, and they saved a ton of money by cooking their meals. There are also a ton of pensions and simple hotels on La Rambla.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
translucent
post Nov 10 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 368811

I always find rooms using www.hostelworld.com and I find it quite helpful as I can search accommodation sorted by price, availability or a type of room.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mikedesig
post Nov 10 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 497951

I'm agree that staying in apartments as alternative of hotels...Think we went last year to Barcelona too and we stayed in a four rooms apartment in the city centre and we didnt pay as a hotel room.

I remember the company name because i found it in Trip Advisor, it was called desigbarcelona althought i dont know if they are still working though...

Hope it was helpfull !!

Cheers!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
travelking
post Nov 19 2009, 07:58 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 520711

Hello!
Here is where you can find good apartments to rent in Barcelona.
barcelona rental apartments
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fgil
post Jan 25 2010, 07:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 693301

Well if you rent an apartment your are on your own and last time I rented one we had a huge problem as it was not licensed and we were never able to get our money back.

I choose to stay at hostales in Barcelona , They are like bed and breakfast or two star hotels.

The last one I stayed in was called Hostal Residencia Australia. It is located near the ramblas on Ronda de la Universitat 11.

I liked it as I met other people and the owner is a jazz musician , music which I love.

java script:emoticon(':angel1:',%20'smid_2')
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:10 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.