Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please help me pick a city to take a German course in. :), So many choices.
visor2040
post Apr 1 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 265452

Ever since I took my first course at the Goethe here in Mexico City I've wanted to take one of their curses in Germany. Now that things are looking a little bit up (I had to stop taking German because I couldn't pay sad.gif ) I'd like to finally do it. The problem is that there are just too many choices! frantics.gif

First choice: two-week courses or four-week courses. I'm thinking of taking the former, they're cheaper and I might be able to squeeze an extra week of free time out of my budget. My concern with a month-long course is that I might have to use most of my budget in my daily living instead of going around town and/or the country (I don't expect to see the whole thing but I'd like to see Berlin if I don't take a course there). If I'm wrong in this assumption please let me know.

Second and biggest choice: Which city to take the course in?

·For the two week courses they have:
- Hamburg
- Bonn
- Dresden
- Schwäbisch Hall

·And for the four-week:
- Berlin (afternoons only)
- Bonn
- Bremen
- Dresden
- Düsseldorf
- Göttingen
- Hamburg
- Mannheim
- Munich (a little bit too expensive but I might pay it if the city is just that awesome)
- Schwäbisch Hall

A third thing that contributes to my choice problems is that I can't travel before the end of October. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty cold (specially for a Mexican) and I might have to invest in some winter clothes (which wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't really fat sweat.gif ) so I'd have to find a place that sells clothes for us big fellas and spend even more money. That's something I might put up with since I've never seen snow with my own eyes and I'd like to do it.

In the end what I'm asking is this: seeing my situation do you guys have any advice? crying_anim02.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rickmusic53
post Jul 2 2011, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2083861

QUOTE(visor2040 @ Apr 1 2011, 04:20 AM) *

Ever since I took my first course at the Goethe here in Mexico City I've wanted to take one of their curses in Germany. Now that things are looking a little bit up (I had to stop taking German because I couldn't pay sad.gif ) I'd like to finally do it. The problem is that there are just too many choices! frantics.gif

First choice: two-week courses or four-week courses. I'm thinking of taking the former, they're cheaper and I might be able to squeeze an extra week of free time out of my budget. My concern with a month-long course is that I might have to use most of my budget in my daily living instead of going around town and/or the country (I don't expect to see the whole thing but I'd like to see Berlin if I don't take a course there). If I'm wrong in this assumption please let me know.

- Hamburg
- Bonn
- Dresden
- Schwäbisch Hall

·And for the four-week:
- Bonn
- Bremen
- Dresden
- Düsseldorf
- Göttingen
- Hamburg
- Mannheim
- Munich (a little bit too expensive but I might pay it if the city is just that awesome)
- Schwäbisch Hall

A third thing that contributes to my choice problems is that I can't travel before the end of October. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty cold (specially for a Mexican) and I might have to invest in some winter clothes (which wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't really fat sweat.gif ) so I'd have to find a place that sells clothes for us big fellas and spend even more money. That's something I might put up with since I've never seen snow with my own eyes and I'd like to do it.

In the end what I'm asking is this: seeing my situation do you guys have any advice? crying_anim02.gif

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rickmusic53
post Jul 2 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2083861

Hello,

I lived in Germany for 12 years. If it were me I'd choose Berlin. It's a beautiful city and full of history, good food and a lot of things to see and do. As far as clothes for big guys, don't worry about it, they have plenty of choices.

Rick

- Hamburg
- Bonn
- Dresden
- Schwäbisch Hall

·And for the four-week:
- Bonn
- Bremen
- Dresden
- Düsseldorf
- Göttingen
- Hamburg
- Mannheim
- Schwäbisch Hall

[/quote]
[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:27 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.