Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with an itineray Lima to Arequipa
amel84
post Mar 10 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 272243
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi everyone,

I am new on this website and it looks like everybody has wonderful stories and great advice to share. smile.gif

I am going to Peru with my boyfriend at the end of March and I am trying to plan our trip a little.

We land in Lima on the 26th (at 1am). I've been adviced to take the "green taxis". I have a friend in Lima so we will be staying with her for 2 days.

I would like to leave Lima early Saturday morning to get to Paracas early enough to visit the nature reserve. I saw on Cruz del Sur website that their earliest bus leaves at 4am or so. Do you know if it stops at Paracas?
When I set Paracas as my destination, I can only get Lima-Nasca schedule.
I am wondering if I can buy a ticket to Nasca, stop at Paracas, then get on a bus to Ica, stop there and then get off in Nasca? Any help on transportation will be really appreciated. smile.gif

My plan (so far) is to do Lima-Paracas, spend the day in Paracas and leave the next morning for Ica. I would like to spend some time in Ica and then get to Nasca, spend a day there and take the overnight bus to Arequipa.
Does anyone have any suggestions for accomodation in Paracas and Nasca? (budget range wink.gif )

Thank you so much everyone!

Amel
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Mar 10 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

Hello Amel,

You have already done a lot of homework, and will have no problem visiting all these places.

Cruz del Sur is a great bus company with routes all along the South Coast to Arequipa, Cusco and Bolivia. The published schedules tend to reflect the long distance journeys. Shorter stretches and intermediate stops are not advertized, but are available locally. One of the last things you need to worry about in South America is frequency of good bus transportation along main routes.

http://www.go2peru.com/ecs3_ing_a.htm
This site gives quite good information, though I do not suggest booking in advance. It is hardly necessary.

Travel between intermediate points may also be done on local buses, though not as comfortable as Cruz del Sur, they will be adequate for the shorter trips. These are prolific and often depart as soon as they fill up. Just walk up and get aboard. Keep a good eye on your belongings on local buses. Remember you may seem like a billionaire to local people that probably live on a few dollars a day, so if you are careless, the local lads may feel tempted to redistribute your wealth.

So, Buy your ticket to Paracas. Visit the islands and stay the night
http://www.travelpod.com/s/paracas

Following day by bus to Ica. Nice little town, but not all that much to see. Try your hand at sand boarding. If you are short on time, many people do the Nazca Lines on a flight from Ica, as there is little to see or do in Nazca, other than the lines and the museum.
http://www.travelpod.com/s/ica
http://www.travelpod.com/s/nazca

Then from Ica or Nazca, hop on a Cruz del Sur bus direct to Arequipa for the long 15-hour haul.

Hope this helps

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Peru

Abancay Hotels
Aguas Calientes Hotels
Arequipa Hotels
Ayacucho Hotels
Cabanaconde Hotels
Cajamarca Hotels
Chachapoyas Hotels
Chiclayo Hotels
Chiquian Hotels
Chivay Hotels
Colca Canyon Hotels
Cusco Hotels
Huacachina Hotels
Huancayo Hotels
Huanchaco Hotels
Huaraz Hotels
Ica Hotels
Ilo Hotels
Iquitos Hotels
Juliaca Hotels
Lima Hotels
Machu Picchu Hotels
Mancora Hotels
Nasca Hotels
Ollantaytambo Hotels
Paracas Hotels
Pisac Hotels
Pisco Hotels
Piura Hotels
Pucallpa Hotels
Puerto Maldonado Hotels
Puno Hotels
Punta Hermosa Hotels
San Ramon Hotels
Tarapoto Hotels
Tarma Hotels
Trujillo Hotels
Tumbes Hotels
Urubamba Hotels
Yucay Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.