Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Australia we are still open for business
rossport
post Feb 13 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 202074

G'day All,

Just a short note to say that Australia is still open for the tourist and backpackers, We now have water views from all Hotels in the country regular ferry services are available to transport you from your hotel balcony to the airport where your Hover craft will ferry you to your next destination.

But on the serious Note yes we have had some days of rain that we wish were not there but 90% of the state of Queensland is still open for your visit.

The tropical north is going strongly areas where the cyclone came thru are operating and waiting for your tourist dollar by visiting these locations you are not impeding the relief effort but actually helping the local business get back on their feet, Out back is now a green oasis that very few people including my self have never seen so if you want to be part of history then come here and book a out back excursion just to say to your friends and family wow i have seen Australia's outback and it is now a vast sea of green, even Uluru (Ayres Rock), in central Australia has got the green sea around it, the once dry salt pan called Lake Eyre in the north of south Australia is now a vast inland sea it has millions of birds from sea gulls to pelicans breeding there and this lake is thousands kilometres from the real sea.

The out Back of New South Wales is also covered in lush green pastures that again very rarely got seen and not forgetting Poor Victoria it was transformed into a vast inland sea and the flood waters claimed kilometre after kilometre of land on it relentless march towards the sea, it will soon engulf the state of South Australia but like all other states this will be a financial disaster so the best way for the states affected is to get their tourist dollar back so i ask you all to think of an Australian odyssey when u are thinking where can i go in this wonderful world and I say come on down Mate throw a prawn (shrimp) on the barbie sit back and watch the magnificent sunsets over this vast continent of mine.

Cheers all
Stewart
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Feb 14 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 273790

Hi Steward, what a nice way to put it down. hug.gif
So pitty of what took place out there. I wish I could find a cheap ticket and come. I have already told you how much I want to visit Australia.
I can imagine what it feels like for people losing their properties and trying to cope with these hardships undreamed-of!
It has surely become a beautiful spot to visit out of all that has happened!
I believe if the goverment wants tourism they should shortly unnounce cheaper flights to these areas, so that people would be urged to come. Isn't it?
I am really so sorry.

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rossport
post Feb 14 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

G'day Popi,
Yes the State government is doing some deals but at this stage it is in country only so you would have to get here first and even we were critical of Qantas as they have just increased their fuel surcharge by 50% again another burden on the travelling public and an unwanted and unneeded cost that the airlines now try to make you pay.

But we are still OPEN for business smile.gif so tell your friends this year come to slightly damp Australia. I hope that when u do you may visit my beautiful city they have just got the city cats (ferries) back up and running on a limited service but it is 2 months ahead of schedule and will take up to 2 years before they are all fully working again as they lost a lot of the terminals.

So the city is reviving smile.gif the main focus at this point is the cyclone damaged area's up north, an they are getting back on track to being normal smile.gif

so hopefully will see you here one day smile.gif
Cheers Stewart
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Feb 15 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Yes Stewart...at least this is what I believe. yes.gif I am planning a trip there for sure!
I have relatives and good friends in Australia, but plans for a possible trip to India in March, and then coming to Australia have been postponed at the moment.
crying_anim.gif

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rossport
post Feb 15 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #5

Pathfinder

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Feb 15 2011, 12:03 AM) *

Yes Stewart...at least this is what I believe. yes.gif I am planning a trip there for sure!
I have relatives and good friends in Australia, but plans for a possible trip to India in March, and then coming to Australia have been postponed at the moment.
crying_anim.gif

G'day Popi
Well i hope your travel plans are not too badly disrupted and that in the near future you may travel to India an OZ as well as we would love to see your tourist dollar or in your case Euro cheer Stewart
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Feb 15 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

No I hope not. It is a matter of having second thoughts now because I was planning this trip to India and then continue further down to Australia as I told you, but due to some delay in receiving news from my friend my excitement faded out little by little. I had even people expecting me in different places, even members of TravelPod who are also disappointed, but I believe I will have all the time to myself to plan everything well before setting off in the coming months.

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 03:10 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.