Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DALAT: tourist agency scam
deafutahhiker
post Feb 6 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76599
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Earlier this morning, I was looking for agents to help me book tickets to Nha Trang tomorrow morning, and asked about today. Mr Hiep, the director of this travel agency, "Trung Tam Dich Vu Lu Hanh Da Lat" on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, confirmed that there weren't any tickets, as I asked at Peace Hotel. So, I asked if there are any tomorrow morning, and he said he will call. He called and said bus tomorrow morning 7:30 am, $12. I asked what bus company it was, and he said Sinh Cafe bus. So I thought it was right price for Sinh Cafe. He gave me receipt,. but said the time was changed to 7 am.

When I were leaving the hotel later on in the day, the receptionist got my attention and told me that there was a change of ticket. I was puzzled and kept asking why. Ticket was for the orange Phuong Trang bus and priced 120,000 dong. However, the ticket had extra zeros white-outed, as to try to make it look like $12. I asked the receptionist if it was actually 120,000 and she said yeah she thinks so. I demanded a refund and said I paid 240,000 dong. I took the other ticket receipt for Sinh Cafe Open Tour bus and it had a cellphone number on it. The receptionist called the guy (Mr. Hiep, cell phone 0918810901, as written on the old ticket) on my behavior and asked for refund. Mr Hiep said that because it is holidays, the price double. Receptionist seemed upset and spoke rapid VN then rolled her eyes in disbelief. I asked why the tickets were changed, and he said that the bus was no more (I think she meant full), so get this ticket for Phuong Trang. I asked why the director won't give me the difference, and she said she doesnt know why. I answered that he probably thinks I am a dumb tourist and that he could pull it off. She smiled and said she is so sorry. I asked if there was a way I could complain about it. She wasn't sure. I asked where the official tourist office was and she gave me address. So I will plan on seeing if I can make an official complaint tomorrow and see if I can go to travel agency to make a scene.

Morale of story: dont go through agencies. Go to the bus station yourself.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Feb 7 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

I certainly have to agree with you and this is what I am always doing actually for years!
Popi

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:44 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Vietnam

Ben Tre Hotels
Buon Ma Thuot Hotels
Can Tho Hotels
Cao Lahn Hotels
Cat Ba Hotels
Chau Doc Hotels
Da Nang Hotels
Dalat Hotels
Dien Bien Phu Hotels
Dong Ha Hotels
Dong Hoi Hotels
Ha Tien Hotels
Haiphong Hotels
Halong Bay Hotels
Hanoi Hotels
Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
Hoi An Hotels
Hue Hotels
Khanh Hai Hotels
Kontum Hotels
Lai Chau Hotels
Lao Cai Hotels
Long Hai Hotels
Mui Ne Hotels
My Tho Hotels
Nha Trang Hotels
Ninh Binh Hotels
Ninh Phuoc Hotels
Phan Rang-Thap Cham Hotels
Phan Thiet Hotels
Quang Ngai Hotels
Quy Nhon Hotels
Rach Gia Hotels
Sapa Hotels
Soc Trang Hotels
Tan An Hotels
Tuyen Quang Hotels
Vinh Long Hotels
Vung Tau Hotels
Yen Bai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.