Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tours By Mexico
bluemoon319
post Feb 5 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 268828

Hi, does anyone know about this company. I am trying to plan a college Spanish class 9-11 day tour in Mexico. Looking for recommendations of tour companies. Thanks.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Feb 6 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I can't say I have heard of them, but there's some discussion over at the TripAdvisor forums about them:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1519...ern_Mexico.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1507...ific_Coast.html

"We have actually booked our flights into Mexico City and then we are taking a 4 day tour from Mexico City that ends in Acapulco. It includes a tour of the main sites in MC and the pyramids and then goes to Cuernavaca and spends one night in Taxco and then drops you off at the location of your choice in Acapulco where there is lots to do for the rest of the time. MC is not hot in Dec/Jan and actually gets quite cool at night so it is great to sightsee but Acapulco is perfect and you can then enjoy your last 6 or so days there. You could then either book a flight back to MC or take the bus. We got a one way flight from ACA to MC for $34+tax for a total of $62 so decided to go that route but it was a discounted price.

The tour compnay is Tours By Mexico and they will adjust the tour based on the level of hotel that you choose. For an economy hotel it was just over $300 per person including hotel, transportation and entrance fees. It does not include food but that gives you flexibility to eat where you please.

Let us know how your planning turns out.

We are very excited about our trip!"

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Massimo
post Feb 6 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Voyager

Member No.: 268870

QUOTE(bluemoon319 @ Feb 5 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Hi, does anyone know about this company. I am trying to plan a college Spanish class 9-11 day tour in Mexico. Looking for recommendations of tour companies. Thanks.

Hi, don't know them but if you guys are young, as I supose, chek-out "alltournative " , I've had a lot of fun on an ATV excursion in the junge, they made us go on the zip lines also, which is quite impressive the first time...
the only complain, is that everyone was a little pushy asking for tips, but not only in this company, but everywhere.
I've used them in Playa del Carmen, but I guess they should be all over the place, Ciao!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bluemoon319
post Feb 6 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Feb 6 2009, 09:13 AM) *

I can't say I have heard of them, but there's some discussion over at the TripAdvisor forums about them:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1519...ern_Mexico.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1507...ific_Coast.html

"We have actually booked our flights into Mexico City and then we are taking a 4 day tour from Mexico City that ends in Acapulco. It includes a tour of the main sites in MC and the pyramids and then goes to Cuernavaca and spends one night in Taxco and then drops you off at the location of your choice in Acapulco where there is lots to do for the rest of the time. MC is not hot in Dec/Jan and actually gets quite cool at night so it is great to sightsee but Acapulco is perfect and you can then enjoy your last 6 or so days there. You could then either book a flight back to MC or take the bus. We got a one way flight from ACA to MC for $34+tax for a total of $62 so decided to go that route but it was a discounted price.

The tour compnay is Tours By Mexico and they will adjust the tour based on the level of hotel that you choose. For an economy hotel it was just over $300 per person including hotel, transportation and entrance fees. It does not include food but that gives you flexibility to eat where you please.

Let us know how your planning turns out.

We are very excited about our trip!"

Thanks so much! I've been going crazy looking for anyone with experience with this company. This will be my instructors 1st time doing acollege sponsered trip & she wants some kind of reassurance that the company won't leave us in the dust once we arrive. I'mnot worried, but she is. I just emailed someone from your link that appears to have already toured with them. Thanks again. Have a great trip!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bluemoon319
post Feb 6 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(easitalytours @ Feb 6 2009, 10:01 AM) *

Hi, don't know them but if you guys are young, as I supose, chek-out "alltournative " , I've had a lot of fun on an ATV excursion in the junge, they made us go on the zip lines also, which is quite impressive the first time...
the only complain, is that everyone was a little pushy asking for tips, but not only in this company, but everywhere.
I've used them in Playa del Carmen, but I guess they should be all over the place, Ciao!

Yes Alltournative is good, planning to use them on a separate trip I'm taking to Tulum with my son. We have to have a multiday tour for this trip, though.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Massimo
post Feb 6 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #6

Voyager

Member No.: 268870

QUOTE(bluemoon319 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(easitalytours @ Feb 6 2009, 10:01 AM) *

Yes Alltournative is good, planning to use them on a separate trip I'm taking to Tulum with my son. We have to have a multiday tour for this trip, though.

Just, if you have to spend the night there, I would say drive 50 more minutes to playa del Carmen, at least you'll find something to do for dinner and a vaste choiche of things to do, Tulum is really "dead" after dinner...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jeffreyfrog
post Jul 21 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 287994

REPLY TO:

Hallohaa everyone, I just want to share this website if you want to have a fantastic tour and got big big savings, try it and feel free visiting. cabo san lucas tours
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Mexico

Acapulco Hotels
Aguascalientes Hotels
Akumal Hotels
Cabo San Lucas Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Chihuahua Hotels
Ciudad Juarez Hotels
Cuernavaca Hotels
Guadalajara Hotels
Guanajuato Hotels
Hermosillo Hotels
Huatulco Hotels
La Paz Hotels
Leon Hotels
Manzanillo Hotels
Mazatlan Hotels
Merida Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Monterrey Hotels
Morelia Hotels
Nuevo Vallarta Hotels
Oaxaca Hotels
Playa Paraiso Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puebla Hotels
Puerto Aventuras Hotels
Puerto Morelos Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Queretaro Hotels
Saltillo Hotels
San Cristobal de las Casas Hotels
San Jose Del Cabo Hotels
San Luis Potosí Hotels
San Miguel de Allende Hotels
Tampico Hotels
Tijuana Hotels
Tulum Hotels
Veracruz Hotels
Villahermosa Hotels
Zihuatanejo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.