Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Howdy...... :), Advice on UK and Ireland
tonyshez
post Jan 29 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 267954
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi All,

Firstly, after flicking through this site for a bit, it seems that it and i will become best mates over the next 8 or 9 months... looks excellent. well done to all who contribute. i look forward to having my say on a things should the need arise. smile.gif

My Wife and I have booked a month -long stint in the UK and ireland for October this year. we'll be in London for 5 nites, the hire a car from Heathrow, then drive around the place for 3 weeks, then back to London where we come home. (this bit is making me frown already).

We have been before but only spent a couple of days in London and a day trip to Liverpool before heading on a Tour of Continental Europe.... Loved all of it.

What I am hoping for is some honest advice on the driving part of our holiday. As far as I can tell, driving through the country (ie: outside London) is quite easy and looks unreal with the great contryside etc... but we all know that looks can be decieving. We have b and b accomodation passes booked for the whole 3 weeks we'll be driving, so we can choose where to stay on the run, no one room is ever booked in advance so that freedom should be fun.

at the moment we'll be heading south from london to brighton, then right around the coastline and up into wales, over to ireland, the back to wales where we'll continue to drive all around the place. any MUST SEEs you would recommend?

well, Thank you. Any help we r given is greatly appreciated and i look forward to getting to know u guys.. smile.gif
Thanks again

Tony gora.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tonyshez   Howdy...... :)   Jan 29 2009, 02:58 PM
sianeth   As far as the UK goes, motorway driving is not the...   Jan 29 2009, 03:25 PM
kathryn77   Hiya, How long are you going to have in Ireland? ...   Jan 29 2009, 06:41 PM
tonyshez   Thank you both so much for giving me some info... ...   Jan 30 2009, 01:32 AM
lou82   Hi Tony, If you only have 5 nights in Ireland I w...   Jan 30 2009, 04:06 AM
sianeth   I wouldn't say there are signs as such, you...   Jan 30 2009, 04:00 AM
wakingdream   We've done that drive but only from Blefast ...   Jan 30 2009, 02:48 PM
tonyshez   Yeh, the drive between belfast and dublin is a def...   Jan 30 2009, 02:59 PM
lou82   The Causeway Coastal Route of over 100 miles in N...   Jan 31 2009, 08:42 AM
kathryn77   Hi again Tony, Phew, well, today I drove from Dubl...   Jan 31 2009, 06:09 PM
lou82   Kathryn has a very valid point on car rental, insu...   Jan 31 2009, 06:37 PM
kathryn77   I had to laugh at your sign post comments Kath...   Jan 31 2009, 07:14 PM
lou82   Ha ha! You know it!! Crazy Irish logic...   Feb 1 2009, 07:33 AM
darrenstravels   What I am hoping for is some honest advice on the...   Feb 1 2009, 12:02 PM
tonyshez   Thanks again to all for helping me... I have th...   Feb 1 2009, 04:05 PM
travelmonster   Am I right in thinking that you have three weeks t...   Feb 2 2009, 03:50 PM
kathryn77   Hiya, that's cool that you got the hire car so...   Feb 3 2009, 05:11 PM
wakingdream   Oh man! We did that drive and it was brillia...   Feb 3 2009, 05:42 PM
tonyshez   howdy, yep we will be driving around for 3 weeks...   Feb 3 2009, 08:24 PM
kathryn77   See, to us here on Oz 3 weeks is an enormous amou...   Feb 4 2009, 05:58 PM
travelmonster   Well, if you like spooky stuff, this website htt...   Feb 4 2009, 08:04 AM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 12:31 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.