Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the biggest attraction in Brazil?, TravelPod Question of the Month
whereshegoes
post May 30 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Journeyer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Brazil boasts, beautiful beaches, amazing rainforests, and tremendous parties such as Carnaval.l Which do you think is the biggest attraction and describe your experience if you have been there. thumbsup.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Incrediblelife
post May 30 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Nomad

Member No.: 285

The people have always been what has appealed to me most. Once I got there, I wasn't disappointed in the least. The people are amazing - so friendly, so open, so warm. They have a certain zest for life that I find is lacking in my hometown/country.

After being there, I now would also say that the beaches are right up there in the appeal. They have some of the most beautiful beaches I have seen. Ah... can't wait to get back there! Will be there for Carnival next year!

Jenn

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
andrea
post Jun 20 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Globetrotter

Member No.: 2

I think I enjoyed hang gliding in Rio the most! Soaring like a bird through the sky and landing on the beach. It was beautiful and an incredible adrenaline rush!

Andrea
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gringoloco
post Aug 6 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Wanderer

Member No.: 10593

The AMAZON. Ariau Amazon Tower Lodge. Google it. It was wonderful 4 days. We were treated like royalty. In fact Royalty visits there. Even Bill Gates has come back many times. And it is not as expensive as that may make it sound. It is first class. Catch Pirhnas! Catch crocodiles! Feed monkeys and Parrots! Learn about healing herbs, and SWIM WITH PINK DOLPHINS all within 5 days!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
travelerbill
post Sep 24 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #5

Wanderer

Member No.: 2160

For me, it's the diversity of people that makes Brazil a bit more special. Reminded me a bit of Colombia, especially travelling from the north down to Salvador. Bahia province would rate as the biggest attraction for me I suppose. And Praia da Pipa. And Morro de So Paulo. I also liked those tiny cups of hot coffee filled with sugar.
crazy.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
oldhongerlady
post Sep 30 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 1892

I'm wondering, for the females who have travelled there, how safe would you say Brazil is for a young female traveller?

While I have heard some amazing things about it, I'm also plagued with tons of warnings about how dangerous it would be for me to travel alone.

any tips or advice?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kris
post Sep 30 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #7

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 370

if i was to mention brazil in a conversation, as long as there's no football on the telly then the first thing to spring to mind are the brazillian girls.. man_in_love.gif

definatley the top attraction in brazil..

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tonya
post Oct 10 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 21687

[[quote]quote name='oldhongerlady' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:08 PM' post='11364']
I'm wondering, for the females who have travelled there, how safe would you say Brazil is for a young female traveller?

While I have heard some amazing things about it, I'm also plagued with tons of warnings about how dangerous it would be for me to travel alone.

any tips or advice?
[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='oldhongerlady' post='11364' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:08 PM']

any tips or advice?
[/quote]

Everything about Brazil is huge and spectacular! Do check Ariau in Amazonas. There are many good deals, packages of usd400 or so. You can join a group or meet your travel buddies on the way, pay a visit to traveldm and blumar sites.
Carnival is very expensive, but if you can afford it, don't hesitate! The falls, at the Brazilian, Argentinian and Paraguay border are also a memorable place to visit.
Oh! I was forgetting Salvador (Bahia), different and beautiful.
Good luck!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:24 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.