Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Reasons of Traveling in China, Travel in China
ccts
post Jan 12 2009, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 264476
Nominate me as a Local Expert

hug.gif Recently, the tourism industry of China is booming. More and more people list China as their tourist destination. Why do you want to have a tour in China?

The first reason is its time-honored civilization. China is one of the four ancient civilizations, boasting 5000 years history, so there are lots of ancient sites and buildings scattered on the mysterious land. The world-famous Great Wall is the dreamy destination for many enthusiasts of travel. And every tourist who climbed the Great Wall can not help to be amazed at its ruggedness. The Forbidden City which is the palace for altogether 24 emperors in Ming and Qing Dynasty, displaying the extravagance of the imperial family by its more than 9000 rooms. The Terracotta Warriors in Xian, which is reputed as” world’s eighth Wonder”, represents ancient soldiers and arms of China.

The second reason is its abundant tourism resources. Besides unique imperial architecture, China has beautiful landscapes. Suzhou and Hangzhou is famous for its beautiful scenery. The old Chinese saying describe the two cities as" Up above there is heaven; down below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou". Guilin, another charming and popular tourist city, is famous for its beautiful mountains and clean waters. Cruise on Li River is one of the indispensable for tourists. The famous ancient towns south to the Yangtze River are captivating for its traditional customs and secluded tranquility. Cruising on the Yangtze River, you will have an unusual experience by floating through the cliffy mountains and torrential waters.

The third reason is its colorful customs and cultures. Yunnan is an ideal place for experiencing different and featured minority customs. The Tibet is attracting increasing tourists for its regional buildings and unique culture. Locating in the center of China, the Shaolin Temple is crowed by tourists who love martial arts and Chinese Kong Fu.

The four reason is Chinese people are very friendly to foreigners. They are always very pleased to help you. And accommodation in China is in reasonable price and different quality levels are waiting for your choice.

Why do you want to travel in China? What's your idea or impression of China?

--------------------
http://www.cctsbeijing.com
E-mail: Tourinfo@cctsbeijing.com 
MSN:Maozedong_XL@hotmail.com
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jan 12 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 266185

Ive always been fascinated by china and Japan. I really love the history of china and japan and it seems such a beatiful country to visit.
I have always felt there is something mysterious and mystical about china and Japan.
Id really love to exspirence something completly differnt from our own culture in the west, and i think china is probably as differnt as it come.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 12 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #3

Expeditionist

Member No.: 264986

QUOTE(luke_1989 @ Jan 12 2009, 06:00 AM) *

Ive always been fascinated by china and Japan. I really love the history of china and japan and it seems such a beatiful country to visit.
I have always felt there is something mysterious and mystical about china and Japan.
Id really love to exspirence something completly differnt from our own culture in the west, and i think china is probably as differnt as it come.

Yeah i agree with you 100%. I've also been interested in the Chinese and Japanese culture for a long time, all my interests lie in 'China'. The chinese food, people, scenery, history, etc just fascinate me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Traveling to China at the end of 2009. Any recommendations or tips would be well appreciated :)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jan 12 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

QUOTE(rauri @ Jan 12 2009, 06:25 AM) *

Yeah i agree with you 100%. I've also been interested in the Chinese and Japanese culture for a long time, all my interests lie in 'China'. The chinese food, people, scenery, history, etc just fascinate me. biggrin.gif

Also another good thing about China is that it is very cheap the only problem is that it is expensive to get there.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 12 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #5

Expeditionist

QUOTE(luke_1989 @ Jan 12 2009, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(rauri @ Jan 12 2009, 06:25 AM) *

Also another good thing about China is that it is very cheap the only problem is that it is expensive to get there.

Yeah it is in-expensive ay. My mum's a travel agent so i can get a flight thats not too expensive tongue.gif I think she said i could get one for around $1300 which isn't too bad, there's a possibility i can get cheaper.

--------------------
Traveling to China at the end of 2009. Any recommendations or tips would be well appreciated :)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ccts
post Jan 13 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 264476

I am glad to hear so many people like China. Welcome to China! Wish you all good trips

--------------------
http://www.cctsbeijing.com
E-mail: Tourinfo@cctsbeijing.com 
MSN:Maozedong_XL@hotmail.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 13 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #7

Expeditionist

QUOTE(echo88 @ Jan 12 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Wow it is good to know there are so many people fasinated by China.

Experiencing something different is really pleasant. I wish all of you have a nice time there. flowers.png

China sure is a fascinating country. I believe my time spent there will be amazing.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Jan 14 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #8

Pathfinder

Member No.: 255321

For Westerners China is amazingly cheap. The flight of course is the biggest expense. Restaurants and hotels can be quite expensive, but cheap ones are also available if you shop around. I'd recommend hostels and local restaurants. Go online and do some research. The nice thing about hostels is that there are usually many backpackers there who have been in the city for a few days and can recommend cheap and good restaurants.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 14 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #9

Expeditionist

QUOTE(scottshangguan @ Jan 14 2009, 12:35 AM) *

For Westerners China is amazingly cheap. The flight of course is the biggest expense. Restaurants and hotels can be quite expensive, but cheap ones are also available if you shop around. I'd recommend hostels and local restaurants. Go online and do some research. The nice thing about hostels is that there are usually many backpackers there who have been in the city for a few days and can recommend cheap and good restaurants.

Once again; thanks tongue.gif
I've been working my a__ off and saving up, i can afford a plane ticket and will have quite a bit of money left over at the moment.
I also agree with the hostels, it seems like a great way to meet people who are doing similar traveling activities. Some of the hostels i've researched look like quite comfortable places to stay and for good prices, if i'm not staying with my friend i think a hostel will be my number 1 choice. speak_cool.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Jan 14 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #10

Pathfinder

QUOTE(rauri @ Jan 14 2009, 12:38 AM) *

I've been working my a__ off and saving up, i can afford a plane ticket and will have quite a bit of money left over at the moment.
I also agree with the hostels, it seems like a great way to meet people who are doing similar traveling activities. Some of the hostels i've researched look like quite comfortable places to stay and for good prices, if i'm not staying with my friend i think a hostel will be my number 1 choice. speak_cool.gif

I can give you a list of hostels I have used. I have tested a lot of them in my travels. Some are fantastic, and some are horrid. I'll tell you which ones I liked and which ones to avoid. The information is at home and will take a couple days to put together.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 14 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #11

Expeditionist

QUOTE(scottshangguan @ Jan 14 2009, 12:57 AM) *

QUOTE(rauri @ Jan 14 2009, 12:38 AM) *

I can give you a list of hostels I have used. I have tested a lot of them in my travels. Some are fantastic, and some are horrid. I'll tell you which ones I liked and which ones to avoid. The information is at home and will take a couple days to put together.

That would be very helpful if you could do so. I would be very pleased to receive information like this from someone who has experienced it first-hand.
Thank you for being so thoughtful smile.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jan 15 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #12

Pathfinder

Would i be able to see that list as well please??

Rauri- When do you plan to go to China?

Many thanks

Luke Iles
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 15 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Expeditionist

QUOTE(luke_1989 @ Jan 15 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Would i be able to see that list as well please??

Rauri- When do you plan to go to China?

Many thanks

Luke Iles

Hey Luke,

I'm planning to leave here around the end of November, I'm hoping to stay for a few months; or as long as my money lasts haha. smile.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Jan 16 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #14

Pathfinder

That would be very helpful if you could do so. I would be very pleased to receive information like this from someone who has experienced it first-hand.

My pleasure. I'll do it, it might take me a while though. I'm really swamped with work because of the upcoming Spring Festival. I'm going to start a new post to put hostel reviews. I think it'd be useful for everybody.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 16 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #15

Expeditionist

QUOTE(scottshangguan @ Jan 16 2009, 12:20 AM) *

My pleasure. I'll do it, it might take me a while though. I'm really swamped with work because of the upcoming Spring Festival. I'm going to start a new post to put hostel reviews. I think it'd be useful for everybody.

Awesome, thanks. Take your time there is no rush smile.gif Have a great chinese new year

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Jan 16 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #16

Pathfinder

QUOTE(echo88 @ Jan 15 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Best time to travel to China is April and October.

I think this depends on where you go and your personal comfort levels.

Visiting the south of China during the summer months is sweltering and almost unbearable. Some parts of China are wonderful in the winter. Visiting Huangshan Mountain, the Great Wall, and the Harbin Ice and Snow Festival are absolutely fantastic in winter.

I personally feel that spring and autumn are the best times to visit most places.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jan 17 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #17

Pathfinder

[/quote]
Hey Luke,

I'm planning to leave here around the end of November, I'm hoping to stay for a few months; or as long as my money lasts haha. smile.gif
[/quote]

You will have to let me know how you get on I dont plan to go untill the year after.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rauri
post Jan 17 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #18

Expeditionist

[quote name='luke_1989' date='Jan 17 2009, 08:35 AM' post='86330']
[/quote]
Hey Luke,

[/quote]

You will have to let me know how you get on I dont plan to go untill the year after.
[/quote]
Oh okay, I hope everything goes well for you.

I will keep you updated then, i think i'll post a blog; gunna be a long trip tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
happysheep
post Jan 19 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #19

Explorer

Member No.: 235138

south-west China is the region where most travelers go to, or those who get there prefer to other parts - less people, more minorities, less pollution, friendlier, warmer, cheaper.
Also good access to Laos, Vietnam, Thailand.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:17 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.