Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thailand/China Help
luke_1989
post Jan 9 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 266185

Hi All Im Luke

Im from Bristol in England and travelled to a few places but only on resort holidays so not really exspirenced real travel. Im 19 years old and really want to go to Thailand and travel there for a few months then travel through China. Thing is non of my friends really have an interest in traveling some say they will go in the future but i dont think they will so i will be going on my own when i have saved enough money. I just want to ask people who have been before what should i expect it to cost me for 3 months in Thailand then 3 months traveling china ? I also wanted to know how easy is it to meet people while your traveling? I always have this worry that i will go on my own and end up not talking to anyone and be on my own the whole time lol.
Do you have to book visas before you go? And what airlines do quite cheap but open air tickets? I have lots more questions I dont plan to go till summer 2010 currently working and trying to save some money and need to get as much advise as i can.

Luke x
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jan 9 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

You can live very very cheaply in Thailand. For maybe 5 pounds a day, (if I have the exchange right in my head) you can live very well. The expensive part is getting there.

It is VERY easy to meet people while you are traveling. If you stay at hostels, there is always a hang out room where other people are sitting. They are usually bored and will talk to you first, even if you don't want anyone to talk to you.

There are a few locals in this forum, like lunthom and others, but if you want to meet some others, I'd say try couchsurfing.com.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jan 9 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Member No.: 266185

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Jan 9 2009, 02:37 PM) *

You can live very very cheaply in Thailand. For maybe 5 pounds a day, (if I have the exchange right in my head) you can live very well. The expensive part is getting there.

It is VERY easy to meet people while you are traveling. If you stay at hostels, there is always a hang out room where other people are sitting. They are usually bored and will talk to you first, even if you don't want anyone to talk to you.

There are a few locals in this forum, like lunthom and others, but if you want to meet some others, I'd say try couchsurfing.com.

Another question i have about hostels cuz ive never stayed in onbe before is: Do a lot of them have storage for luggage and how sucure is the storage?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Feb 1 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #4

Navigator

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi.

You should get a 60 day Thai tourist visa before you come and you can extend that while you are here to get you to 3 months.

For China, you should get that visa before you come also.

Hostels - yeah, they have storage and it is safe enough.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:13 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.