Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All Inclusive Packages, Help please...
hawkeyefan07
post Jan 8 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 266152
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi my name is Paul and I am looking to plan my first vacation for this coming summer. I am looking to go somewhere like Cancun or something like that. I want to go in late July or early August.

What I need help with is deciding where to go for the cheapest price. My ideal vacation is going to Cancun for 5 nights in an all inclusive hotel for under 1800 dollars for two people...So far I haven't found an option this cheap.

I will be departing from the Des Moines airport in Iowa, United States. Does anyone have any specific all inclusive hotels that are cheaper but still pretty nice in mind?

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be Cancun, I just want an all inclusive hotel with white sands right next to it, you know? The hotel HAS to be all inclusive.

Anyone have any bright ideas on hotels or destinations? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 8 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

Frankly all-inclusives are not my cup of tea. Nevertheless if you are leaving from Iowa, you should try to get a package from a major tour operator who has good airfares. Cancun is definitely one of the least expensive destinations in the Caribbean. Another option is Santo Domingo, but the airfare may be prohibitive from Des Moines.

Is the 1800 including airfare? If not, how much is your airfare? Which hotel in Cancun quoted 1800?

Here are a couple of major tour operators:
http://www.applevacations.com/
http://www.funjet.com/

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hawkeyefan07
post Jan 8 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Thank you for replying.

Well I have searched through many many sites... Most all inclusive hotels plus airfare cost around 2000 or more. That is for about 4-5 nights. My goal is to find something cheaper. I'm trying to see if someone knows of somewhere else cheaper I could go or any specific hotels.

The reason I chose all inclusive is because I figured it would be cheaper. That way I don't have to worry about food. Also, I plan on drinking and there are free drinks at the hotel.

I will check into Santo Domingo. Thanks for the idea! You seriously have no idea how much you are helping me...I'm a serious rookie.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hawkeyefan07
post Jan 9 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Also, do you know of any sites specifically for all inclusive hotels? Or at least have a option to narrow the list of hotels to just all inclusive? I seem to have troubles finding them. What I do is specify my search. Like I put in the date of departure and return and what airport and such, then all these hotels come up, but I can't find a lot of all inclusive packages this way.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jan 9 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Which site are you using? At Expedia.com you can search for "prepackaged vacations" or you can click the tab that says "vacation packages"

On all inclusive resorts: For rookies such as yourself, an all inclusive could be the way to go, simply because it is SO much easier if you are feeling apprehensive, or overwhelmed by travel planning.

However, I would like to encourage you to avoid them in the future, simply because of the insanely more rewarding experience you can have immersing yourself in a different culture. Staying at an all inclusive resort can feel stifling and "inauthentic", but you won't realize it unless you travel independently...

See this discussion: http://www.travelpod.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6567

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hawkeyefan07
post Jan 10 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #6

I see your point. I don't mean to be rude or ignorant but I think I mainly want to go on this trip to just relax on the beach, have some drinks and chill. I'm not really wanting to explore Mexican culture too much. Perhaps if I had more money to throw around I would.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jan 12 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #7

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

It doesn't cost more to travel independently, yes, you might have to settle for a little less quality on the star-rating side, but it would be worth it.

Anyway! Did you end up finding a place, it's really easy to search for package deals on Expedia and sites like it.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gt236
post Jan 17 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 266840

I don't know your age, but a great all inclusive for those under 40... I would say...ummm...oh yes...Golden Parnassus. Good seafood and steaks, booze flows freely...bring a bunch of singles for tips. Easy to get a bus to go into town...great place...been there twice myself. Lots of activites, on the beach and in the pool, etc.

Rooms are not much, but you can't have everything for cheap!!
We always use a travel agent. I find it's cheaper and easier. Then I use the Internet to reseach the place.
Check it out.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 11:40 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Mexico

Acapulco Hotels
Aguascalientes Hotels
Akumal Hotels
Cabo San Lucas Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Chihuahua Hotels
Ciudad Juarez Hotels
Cuernavaca Hotels
Guadalajara Hotels
Guanajuato Hotels
Hermosillo Hotels
Huatulco Hotels
La Paz Hotels
Leon Hotels
Manzanillo Hotels
Mazatlan Hotels
Merida Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Monterrey Hotels
Morelia Hotels
Nuevo Vallarta Hotels
Oaxaca Hotels
Playa Paraiso Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puebla Hotels
Puerto Aventuras Hotels
Puerto Morelos Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Queretaro Hotels
Saltillo Hotels
San Cristobal de las Casas Hotels
San Jose Del Cabo Hotels
San Luis Potosí Hotels
San Miguel de Allende Hotels
Tampico Hotels
Tijuana Hotels
Tulum Hotels
Veracruz Hotels
Villahermosa Hotels
Zihuatanejo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.