Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Thailand virgin needs help!!!!!
dally
post Jan 3 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 265778
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi all!!!
Coming from a typical british family, childhood holidays were always a typical scenario, sun, sand an sangria. As a result Iv never been fortunate enough to journey further afield than the med or canaries and since discovering amsterdam aged 18, Im sad to say nowhere else had a look in. So Im jumping in feet first and off to a new continent to discover a world of pastures new.
The main attraction of thailand for me is the full moon partys (I know... to a lot of you more experinced globe trotters its probably too comercial now etc but Id luv 2 c it at least once!!!), however I would like to see a lot more of phagnan, take in some culture, places of interest etc, so if any1 can offer tips there?
Since looking into it Iv found the journey to Haad Rin may not be so strait forward as get on plane...get off plane....party!!
Primarily my main concern is getting there as cheaply as poss and staying alive!!! Ive tried forums etc but theres not really much info past flights to bangkok and hotels so any advice on traveling to, and stopping in Haad Rin from bangkok would be warmly recieved. Or maybe it would be better to fly into another part of Thailand????
Im aiming to go in august, I understand this may be rainy season, but that bothers me none, hell Im british, right?!!
Any help or advice would be amazing thanks!!!!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
wakingdream
post Jan 6 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

A couple of beers and blue wonder pills and I was knocked out for the 10 hours or so journey

blue wonder pills????

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rbisset
post Jan 7 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Planet Pioneer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 692

QUOTE(wakingdream @ Jan 7 2009, 01:22 AM) *

A couple of beers and blue wonder pills and I was knocked out for the 10 hours or so journey

blue wonder pills????

valium......

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:13 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.