Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Honeymoon in December
jbaumer
post Oct 6 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1375811
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My fiance and i are planning our honeymoon for 2011 and looking for information about where to do a safari. We have been thinking about doing it in Tanzania (for the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater) but the more we hear about other locations in Botswana and South Africa, we are beginning to question that choice. Can someone give us some guidance about doing a safari in December in Tanz versus other locations? We want to make sure we see all the big animals and not just the WB migration. We also plan on hitting Cape Town and the Seychelles so moving from Tanz to Kruger would save some travel time.

Thanks.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kili-kelly
post Oct 7 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #2

Tourist

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 375741

December is a good time of the year for both the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. Most of the animals in the crater stay there year round. Even though you do not want to focus on the wildebeest migration, the herd will be in the southeast Serengeti and inside the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, not much on the move, just grazing. That makes the predators pretty active. The weather can be a bit hot during the day but cool off quite a bit in the evening and early morning. The top of the crater is always cool (or cold) since it has some altitude. Tanzania is a bit more expensive to visit compared to other countries but I find that the country does a better job of conservation. I am sure that you will have a great time.

Safari njema. (have a nice trip in Swahili)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hellenc
post Dec 13 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1545871
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(jbaumer @ Oct 6 2010, 03:11 PM) *

My fiance and i are planning our honeymoon for 2011 and looking for information about where to do a safari. We have been thinking about doing it in Tanzania (for the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater) but the more we hear about other locations in Botswana and South Africa, we are beginning to question that choice. Can someone give us some guidance about doing a safari in December in Tanz versus other locations? We want to make sure we see all the big animals and not just the WB migration. We also plan on hitting Cape Town and the Seychelles so moving from Tanz to Kruger would save some travel time.

Thanks.

Tanzania will be one of the great choices for your honeymoon.Tanzania has many big game that one will enjoy to see.December-February would be the best for viewing thousands of those migratory wildebeests and zebras on the short grassland plains of the Serengeti.In addition,February is the peak of the birth-giving in wildebeests where you'll be able to see so many babies being born every day,....cheetahs and other predators on the run feasting,..etc.You've got to choose the appropriate tour company to help you plan for you to realize the best experience.For any further info please contact.You need the best itinerary with best choice of accommodation for all that,plus best guiding on safari.Of course Serengeti and Ngorongoro etc are all great!Also think of Zanzibar,great place for honeymooners,you should combine that to your itinerary.
Have a Great time!
Hellen.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:20 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.