Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First time traveller to Cambodia
ylwoon
post Sep 26 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1349431
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi, me and a few girlfens are travelling to Siem Reap in Nov 2010. Can suggest any decent and nice place 2 stay at Siem Reap that won't bust our budget?

Planning to travel to Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh as well. All in all we have 8 days to cover the country. Any other places of interest or suggestions on where and what to do?

Regards,
woon
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nipitiri
post Oct 1 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Drifter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 21826

I don't think you need to worry about where to stay in Siem Riep. Just look around a little, ask for the price and see what the hotels look like. There are plenty. The tuk-tuk drivers at bus station e.g. are willing to ride you around so that you can check out places, if you tell them the approximate price level.
We visited Preah Vihear near Anlong Veng. A lovely place, especially around sunrise.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ylwoon
post Oct 5 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1349431

QUOTE(nipitiri @ Oct 1 2010, 11:41 AM) *

I don't think you need to worry about where to stay in Siem Riep. Just look around a little, ask for the price and see what the hotels look like. There are plenty. The tuk-tuk drivers at bus station e.g. are willing to ride you around so that you can check out places, if you tell them the approximate price level.
We visited Preah Vihear near Anlong Veng. A lovely place, especially around sunrise.

thanks nipitri.

i look up Preah Vihear. my buddies n i agree with you that it is a splendid place and v have included the place in our itinery.
thanks 4 the suggestion.

Currently, our itinery are:

16 Nov arrive at Siem Reap by Air Asia

17 Nov Siem Reap

18 Nov Leave Sirem Reap around noon to Phreah Vihear

19 Nov Phreah Vihear

20 Nov Phreah Vihear

21 Nov Leave Phreah Vihear by noon to Siem Reap

22 Nov Leave Siem Reap early morning to Phnom Penh by private car

23 Nov Back to Malaysia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Oct 12 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #4

Voyager

Member No.: 104714

QUOTE(ylwoon @ Oct 5 2010, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(nipitiri @ Oct 1 2010, 11:41 AM) *

thanks nipitri.

i look up Preah Vihear. my buddies n i agree with you that it is a splendid place and v have included the place in our itinery.
thanks 4 the suggestion.

Currently, our itinery are:

16 Nov arrive at Siem Reap by Air Asia

17 Nov Siem Reap

18 Nov Leave Sirem Reap around noon to Phreah Vihear

19 Nov Phreah Vihear

20 Nov Phreah Vihear

21 Nov Leave Phreah Vihear by noon to Siem Reap

22 Nov Leave Siem Reap early morning to Phnom Penh by private car

23 Nov Back to Malaysia

Drop a line to yourtoursiemreap@gmail.com, they don't ask for a deposit etc and pay when you're done if you're happy...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Dec 7 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #5

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 266185

Hi

I went to Cambodia for 5/6 days and was plenty of time for what i wanted to do.

I got the bus in from Hoi Chi Minh city Vietnam and spent one in in Phnom Pehn along the river.

Then i got a 6 hour bus upto Siem Reap and stayed in the Siem Reap backpakcers - Its about 7 dollars a night with a swimming pool and very clean 6 bed dorm with air con.. Also there is about 5 or common areas however and a bar downstairs that serves breakfast etc..

You tuk tuk will try take you somewhere differnet though i wanted to stay at this place as i had booked it and he drove me to other hostels. I was just firm and said no. The address us 7 Makara Street, Corner of Wat Bo Road and Angkor School Road, Siem Riep, Kingdom of Cambodia!

www.thesiemreapshotel.com

I stayed there for 3/4 days and then got a bus to Phnom Pehn to fly to Bangkok (I did this as i had to fly into thailand and not get a bus over the boarder as you only get a 15 day visa on the board crossings)

Hope this helps a bit an
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.