Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coron Resorts
chloee_05
post Dec 13 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 202220
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi everybody!

We are planning a family vacation in Coron Palawan, we are looking at departing either Jan/Feb 09.

Can anybody recommend a good resort, we are 5 adults travelling with 2 children (2 and 8) and one infant (1 year). We'd like a place near the beach and not too expensive. Perhaps a cottage? Triple A accom not necessary, we can be very outdoor-sy.

Thanks!

--------------------
IPB ImageTasha
"Let the world change you... and you can change the world" - Motorcycle diaries
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Dec 15 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hi Chloee, looks like there are a few good ones here, is it a small town?

http://www.travelpod.com/resorts/Coron.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ffullero
post Jan 15 2009, 04:03 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 81911

QUOTE(chloee_05 @ Dec 13 2008, 07:24 PM) *

Hi everybody!

We are planning a family vacation in Coron Palawan, we are looking at departing either Jan/Feb 09.

Can anybody recommend a good resort, we are 5 adults travelling with 2 children (2 and 8) and one infant (1 year). We'd like a place near the beach and not too expensive. Perhaps a cottage? Triple A accom not necessary, we can be very outdoor-sy.

Thanks!

Ei, I've been there last august and the place is awesome!!! Its a good time to go there now, because it's soon to commercialized. Our bangkero said that the patch near the market is ening reclaimed for the High end resorts from Boracay.

Anyhoo, as for accomodation, If you want accomodation near the beach so you can frolic, sad to say, there is no such things there. There are resorts in stilts and near the sea, but there is no beach, at least at coron city proper.

I suggest SeaDive resort (www.seadiveresort.com) but we stayed at Coron Village Lodge. The rooms are big, you can fit 6 people in a room for 2! And the staffs are uber nice!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jan 15 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Thanks for the insider tip, ffullero. It's good to know about the level of commercialization of a place before you go. You don't want to be disappointed once you get there.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mrtomato
post Jul 22 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 289277

Just got from Coron Island, the place is great, nice dive spots and the view is to die for. Just had a bad experiences with one person. At first she seems like so accomodating, a caring mother. but later found out that she's doing that for the cut. That explain the overly "asikaso" traits. She advised us to transact all package with her so she can help us in negotiating. But later found out that she over charges us and we did not get the best deal. A classic example is the island tour package, she charged us P950/head and we went to 4 islands. we aere back to our hotel before 3pm, (yup, that early) only to find out that other charges 650/head and with 7 island as itterinary. The food she promises during the tour package was not met, and many other things. So my advice to you guys, enjoy cocron but pls be careful with people like her, her name i think is Dolores Basbas from Planet Paradise. Coron is a small town, Im sure youll bump into her, Just be careful...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 22 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

Yeah, tour packages are difficult to get right. Better to just rely on your own wits, I say.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
azreal
post Jul 22 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #7

Expeditionist

Member No.: 289202

Just go there.... and then live off the land.... seems like the thing to do these days..... nobody wants to chip in for 5 star accomodations..... Well I do.... but nobody else does.....

Nothing like waking up in the morning and finding your butler waiting there with your freshly pressed clothing for the day and a bowl of freshly picked fruit waiting in the foyer in your 2000 sq ft. Luxury accomodations.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:32 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Philippines

Angeles Hotels
Bacolod Hotels
Baguio Hotels
Banaue Hotels
Batangas Hotels
Cagayan de Oro Hotels
Cavite Hotels
Cebu City Hotels
Davao Hotels
Dipolog Hotels
Dumaguete Hotels
El Nido Hotels
Iloilo City Hotels
Laoag Hotels
Lapu Lapu Hotels
Legaspi Hotels
Mactan Island Hotels
Makati Hotels
Mambajao Hotels
Mandaluyong Hotels
Mandaue Hotels
Manila Hotels
Moalboal Hotels
Olongapo Hotels
Ormoc Hotels
Panglao Hotels
Pasay Hotels
Pasig Hotels
Puerto Galera Hotels
Puerto Princesa Hotels
Quezon City Hotels
Roxas City Hotels
Sagada Hotels
San Fernando Pampanga Hotels
Subic Hotels
Tacloban Hotels
Tagaytay Hotels
Tagbilaran City Hotels
Tarlac Hotels
Virac Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.