Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Airlie Beach Queensland Australia
chrispanting
post Sep 14 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1317411
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello everyone

I have never travelled solo before and am looking to travel to Australia for a few months next year, main area which i'am looking at staying is Airlie Beach, Queensland for about 5 days/nights. Have found a really nice looking resort to stay at which is 4 stars - nice smile.gif

I'am worried and concerned tho about safety etc, its a natural human feeling

Therefore I would like as many of you as possible to reply to this and try to answer and put my mind at ease the following

Is Airlie Beach a safe area?
Are the locals friendly?
Are there many people (men/women) who travel and stay there alone?

Basically the questions are regarding how safe it is there

Am i being a daft boy and worrying when i don't need too? lol

I look forward to hearing from you

Chris
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rossport
post Sep 15 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 202074

G'day Chris,
You have put up an interesting topic

Is Airlie Beach a safe area?.

The answer is yes unless you can't swim then I would avoid the water, it is one of Queensland's beauty spots on the Whitsundays and the barrier reef is just a boat ride away.

Accommodation is varied to every ones budget, the entertainment is suitable for both young and old alike.

Are the locals friendly?

well some have been known to be not as friendly as others but like all places you will strike some one who is having a bad hair day, on the whole we are all friendly till provoked then we don't buy you any more beers devil.png be polite and you will be treated with respect and politeness back.

Are there many people (men/women) who travel and stay there alone?

It is a tourist area and is full of backpackers from all over the world so i would say there is a large percentage of single females and males, some are there for a holiday some are there working in the local industries to pay for the next leg of their Australian tour.

To answer all your fears mate as we say here in Oz come an haveabloodygoodweekend sit back relax and enjoy life.

On a serious Note tho as usual you are in a strange country hence be aware of situations you get into read the situation if uncomfortable leave be polite and go.

Our pubs are not like the ones you have at home to us they are there to drink in not to listen to music or play darts even tho some are set out so look at the establishment see if you like the feel of it if not move on, I even do that and i am a Queenslander.

I also noted that you are staying else where in oz and what time of year are u coming out our summer is your winter and up in the tropics it can get quite steamy and wet in the summer day temps 30-33 nights 25 winter is a pleasant time day temps of around 25c night temps around the 15c about, also one thing a lot of people don't consider is its size The UK will fit roughly 32 times into Australia, so it is not a couple of hours drive from Airlie beach to Sydney looks close on the map but it is not.

I hope this has answered some of your questions and am sure other Aussie will have more input as well as fellow travelers who have been and stayed in the Whitsundays
Cheers Mate
Stewart

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chrispanting
post Sep 16 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1317411

Hi Stewart

Thank you so much for your reply, I know it is daft to worry but Australia is a beautiful country and 100 times better than the UK. Hence why loads of brits move there - sun sun sand and more sun and of course a laid back lifestyle.

I'am a very polite individual myself, not one of these people who causes trouble and like to walk away from it if possible.

I should really guess that heaps of people travel to Australia solo as that way they can do what they want

Am thinking june/july time 2011

You have been a great help Stewart,

Thanks mate

Chris
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ashuuu
post Sep 30 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Wanderer

Member No.: 1347381

Airlie Beach is not only a perfect holiday destination due to its vast array of activities, but also accommodates many of the essential services for travellers to the region...but i want to suggest you for the luxury accommodation Byron Bay at Byron Bay. This is the real luxurious place, I had a great time there...you must go there...have fun seeeaaaa..
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rossport
post Oct 1 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #5

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 202074

QUOTE(chrispanting @ Sep 16 2010, 02:55 AM) *

Hi Stewart

Thank you so much for your reply, I know it is daft to worry but Australia is a beautiful country and 100 times better than the UK. Hence why loads of brits move there - sun sun sand and more sun and of course a laid back lifestyle.

I'am a very polite individual myself, not one of these people who causes trouble and like to walk away from it if possible.

I should really guess that heaps of people travel to Australia solo as that way they can do what they want

Am thinking june/july time 2011

You have been a great help Stewart,

Thanks mate

Chris

G'day Chris,

You will be here in our winter so be prepared for snow down south (New south wales /Victorian ski fields) and warm pleasant days in the tropics, the centre of Australia can get quite cold at night reaching below 0 temps so be prepared for some cold nights if you are intending on traveling there, there is also a variety of transportation means from budget airlines to buses so if you need a hand to decide where what to see let me know and i can try and help u with the information you can send me a message via my blog profile page if you like
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:46 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.