Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> vietnam, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St, district 3, hcm city, vietnam
georgevandal
post Sep 12 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1312781

hello every one am George and am preparing to come to Vietnam. Teaching kids of between 7 to 10 years how to read and write English with the help of World Christian Youths Assembly.would like to know more about Vietnam and to be precise Binh duong and Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St, district 3, hcm city, Vietnam. and also the climate condition.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chariebcernal
post Sep 18 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1329781

hi, am charie from Philippines, I also got an employment contract from WCYA last September 5, 2010. Since I am really looking for a job, i supposedly get to Singapore but since I already have a confirmed job under WCYA i re-route my ticket to HCM City.

Now I am already here in Binh Duong,Vietnam. I am looking for the WCYA here in binh Duong but since I arrive last saturday morning I have'nt look for it yet. Am waiting for my work visa to be release while im on tourist. Hope to see you soon.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
felycapanay
post Oct 2 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1364571

QUOTE(chariebcernal @ Sep 18 2010, 11:17 PM) *

hi, am charie from Philippines, I also got an employment contract from WCYA last September 5, 2010. Since I am really looking for a job, i supposedly get to Singapore but since I already have a confirmed job under WCYA i re-route my ticket to HCM City.

Now I am already here in Binh Duong,Vietnam. I am looking for the WCYA here in binh Duong but since I arrive last saturday morning I have'nt look for it yet. Am waiting for my work visa to be release while im on tourist. Hope to see you soon.

I'm fely from the phil also i also got a job contract at wcya i already send them the documents that they need but im waiting for the reply but as of these moment they do not reply on me. How about you did you find them. Thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gdcmjbss
post Nov 11 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1466471

QUOTE(felycapanay @ Oct 2 2010, 03:03 AM) *

I'm fely from the phil also i also got a job contract at wcya i already send them the documents that they need but im waiting for the reply but as of these moment they do not reply on me. How about you did you find them. Thanks

Hi, i am a friend and we are also very interested to teach english in vietnam particulary for WCYA since we believe that their mission statement is highly with a great relationship with God. We are wondering if you were able to find the place of WCYA-in vietnam? How did you able to go to vietnam? Did you pay the $220 directly to them? or did you process the visa yourself and gave the money to the immigration office? I hope you could provide us with answers and hopefully we could be able to finally decide if this is a hoax or not. If this is legal, i believe there are people who would be willing to impart their skills in english communication and be rewarded for the purpose of this mission.

Thanks and be safe with God!

cmd

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nathanarizona
post Nov 12 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1466651

QUOTE(gdcmjbss @ Nov 11 2010, 11:17 PM) *

Hi, i am a friend and we are also very interested to teach english in vietnam particulary for WCYA since we believe that their mission statement is highly with a great relationship with God. We are wondering if you were able to find the place of WCYA-in vietnam? How did you able to go to vietnam? Did you pay the $220 directly to them? or did you process the visa yourself and gave the money to the immigration office? I hope you could provide us with answers and hopefully we could be able to finally decide if this is a hoax or not. If this is legal, i believe there are people who would be willing to impart their skills in english communication and be rewarded for the purpose of this mission.

cmd

Hi all I am just wondering has anyone found this place yet?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chariebcernal
post Nov 13 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1329781

QUOTE(nathanarizona @ Nov 12 2010, 12:35 AM) *

cmd

Hi, Sorry for replying to your message only now. I didn't find the Organization or even the School of WCYA here in Viet Nam. I pay the 220$ while I was still in the Philippines, since I have a confirmed ticket bound to Singapore, I re-route my ticket to Viet Nam. Unfortunatenate, The WCYA wasn't able to produce the Work Visa.... so far, I am doing a part time teaching job here in Viet Nam in one of the Language Center here in Binh Duong Province... I for my opinion... I don't know what are they doing..... It's not easy to secure Work Visa here in Viet Nam while the office is in Australia....

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nathanarizona
post Nov 13 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1466651

QUOTE(chariebcernal @ Nov 13 2010, 12:54 AM) *

QUOTE(nathanarizona @ Nov 12 2010, 12:35 AM) *

cmd

Hi, Sorry for replying to your message only now. I didn't find the Organization or even the School of WCYA here in Viet Nam. I pay the 220$ while I was still in the Philippines, since I have a confirmed ticket bound to Singapore, I re-route my ticket to Viet Nam. Unfortunatenate, The WCYA wasn't able to produce the Work Visa.... so far, I am doing a part time teaching job here in Viet Nam in one of the Language Center here in Binh Duong Province... I for my opinion... I don't know what are they doing..... It's not easy to secure Work Visa here in Viet Nam while the office is in Australia....

Thank you for replying to me I have actually found out that they are a scam, I have been researching it deeply sense I was very interested and so is someone very dear to me. I'm am happy to hear that you are safe and doing okay and I am saddened that they are posing as a humanitarian organization in order to scam people. I have been digging very deep into their website and I have found a great deal of information. My prayers are with you and I hope that you are saffe, God Bless and stay well.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
blogbastic
post Nov 22 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1493361

Based on these discussions, it is obvious that WCYA is an elaborate hoax. I hope you contact your embassies soon to seek assistance and be able to return to your home country. It is harder to work illegally especially in Vietnam. God bless.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jki
post Dec 30 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1588171

my dear, don't even waste your time....these guys are just fooling you. Am also a victim. They are scammers
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:44 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Vietnam

Ben Tre Hotels
Bien Hoa Hotels
Buon Ma Thuot Hotels
Can Tho Hotels
Cao Lahn Hotels
Cat Ba Hotels
Chau Doc Hotels
Da Nang Hotels
Dalat Hotels
Dien Bien Phu Hotels
Dong Ha Hotels
Dong Hoi Hotels
Ha Tien Hotels
Haiphong Hotels
Halong Bay Hotels
Hanoi Hotels
Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
Hoi An Hotels
Hue Hotels
Khanh Hai Hotels
Kontum Hotels
Lai Chau Hotels
Lao Cai Hotels
Long Hai Hotels
Mui Ne Hotels
My Tho Hotels
Nha Trang Hotels
Ninh Binh Hotels
Ninh Phuoc Hotels
Phan Rang-Thap Cham Hotels
Phan Thiet Hotels
Quang Ngai Hotels
Quy Nhon Hotels
Rach Gia Hotels
Sapa Hotels
Soc Trang Hotels
Tuyen Quang Hotels
Vinh Long Hotels
Vung Tau Hotels
Yen Bai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.