Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Warning Violent Surfer Gayan Chandi in Mirissa
peena
post Sep 8 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1303671
Nominate me as a Local Expert

This is a warning to all women who travel to Mirissa Beach on the south coast. There is a local surfer beachboy by the name of Gayan LakS*$#ha, but most people call him Chandi. He has dark skin, messy dredlocks, a tattoo of his ex girlfriend on the inside of his left forearm, and also an eagle on his right shoulder blade. He lives across from the cemetary near Udapila Junction.

He often hangs out at the beach, especially at Wadiya Resturant because Gayan will tell you he works there. This is not true, the owner Asanka, uses Gayan to lure female tourists into his buisness in order to make money off them.

I spent a month with Gayan in August, he was charming and sweet. This is all an act, he is very good at manipulating women and leading them to believe he is just a misunderstand poor village boy. He assaulted me one night on Mirissa beach because I wanted to go for a walk. I tried to run away down Galle Road, but he chased me. I had bruises and scratches all over my body. Luckily the next day he was arrested and when I went to speak to the WEligama OIC, he told me all about who Gayan really is. He has pending court cases for murder, gang rape, various assaults, and posession and distribution of heroin. I didn't even know he used smack, that's how good he is at hiding things. I found out from the OIC that he has assaulted many female tourists in the past, but most don't report it.

I fled the country to get away from this mess. But before I left I spoke to him on the phone from prison. He addmitted to shooting someone and justified the gang rape because he said she was a sl%t. The whole experience has been horrifying and I wished someone could have warned me considering his long list of victims. I believe him to be a psychopath, he is extremely good at manipulation and lies and everyone needs to stay away from him and warn others.

And please stay away from Wadiya Resturant, they know that he is a violent criminal and still use him to make money! It's so unsafe. Another guest house who knows his history and uses him to make money and doesn't warn tourists, is Suduweli guesthouse in Kirinda near Yala National Park. Stay away from here also. I stayed there one week with Gayan and the boss Shantha knows all about him and didn't warn me once! They are all as bad as each other, it's disgusting. Suduweli is in the lonelyplanet guide to Sri Lanka.

Please beware of this dangerous criminal, he can do some permanent damage to your life. At the moment he is locked up in Matara Prison, but he could be out at any time.

www.gayanchandi.blogspot.com

If you are also one of his many victims please email me at internationalvictimsofharm@gmail.com
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:57 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Sri Lanka

Ahangama Hotels
Ahungalla Hotels
Aluthgama Hotels
Anuradhapura Hotels
Bandarawela Hotels
Belihuloya Hotels
Bentota Hotels
Beruwela Hotels
Buttala Hotels
Colombo Hotels
Dambulla Hotels
Deniyaya Hotels
Dikwella Hotels
Ella Hotels
Galle Hotels
Habarana Hotels
Haputale Hotels
Hikkaduwa Hotels
Induruwa Hotels
Jaffna Hotels
Kalutara Hotels
Kandalama Hotels
Kandy Hotels
Kitulgala Hotels
Kosgoda Hotels
Marawila Hotels
Matara Hotels
Mount Lavinia Hotels
Negombo Hotels
Nuwara Eliya Hotels
Polonnaruwa Hotels
Pottuvil Hotels
Sigiriya Hotels
Tangalla Hotels
Tissamaharama Hotels
Unawatuna Hotels
Wadduwa Hotels
Waikkal Hotels
Weligama Hotels
Yatiyana Minuwangoda Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.