Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cambodia, What is there to do OTHER than Angok Wat?
Barrett
post May 10 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Members
Member No.: 423
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Especially anything outside of Phnom Penh as well? These were the two places I spent most of my time and I am wondering now what I missed and might want to go back for.

Thanks!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rbisset
post May 22 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #2

Planet Pioneer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 692

I went to Sihanoukville on the spur of the moment as the weather was good, had just endured 10 days of monsoon rain in Vietnam and fancied resting on a beach. Ended up staying for a week! Really cool place, great beaches that would be packed if they were in Thailand and it's really cheap! My mate managed to get dengue fever when he was there though.....

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stevejames
post May 22 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #3

Tourist

Member No.: 232

I really enjoyed little Kampot. A charming little Cambodian town in which I spent a memorable few days: read about it here smile.gif

--------------------
steve
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lucinate
post May 22 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #4

Explorer

Member No.: 270

I am in Kampot right now. Today we took a dirt bike up to Bokor Hill Station which was AWSOME!!! Uncle Davros did this 6 years ago and wrote his name in charcoal on the wall of the old church, 03/07/00 and today he added today's date. Nothing has changed except there are loads of tourists now. When he was here in Kampot 6 years ago there was no-one. Just him and his 3 friends.

The hill station was fantastic. Foggy and spooky. Loved it!! You can take a car or 4 wheel drive up if you can't ride a dirt bike. I had plenty of brown stain moments!!

From the stories Uncle Davros has told me of Cambodia 6 years ago, I missed out on all the fun. It's now very easy to travel around. There are a crap load of guest houses and internet places, very different from 2000.

I wish I could have seen the people walking around Phnom Penh with pistols in their pants (no they weren't just happy to see him)! There are street lights and parks with grass now, which is fantastic for the people of Cambodia as far as progress goes but he tells me it has lost it's 'wild west' feel.

There are loads of beggars in Siem Reap (which weren't there in 2000) but I haven't seen any here and only a couple in Phnom Penh.

--------------------
Open your mind and enjoy the view!

Go on, touch me !!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:11 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.