Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what to do in singapore
beachbum
post May 9 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

hi i am traveling to singapore in the next few days and would be gratefull if anyone has some suggestions as to what to see and do i should be there for aprx 4days
thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stevejames
post May 9 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #2

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 232
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Eat lots!

Head to Little India for a proper thali meal, eaten in true style - with your paw; enjoy a huge dim sum breakfast in Chinatown; and stop off for some laksa or something similar, washed down with a bottle or two of Tiger beer. Perhaps not all on the same day tho biggrin.gif

If you're into technology there are whole malls dedicated to computers, cameras, camcorders and other electrical goodies... it's cheap as well, but make sure you shop round and compare prices on the models you are interested in, prices can vary quite a bit.

Apparently there's a zoo/safari park which I heard is very well done for an animal prison, if that takes your fancy. And Sentosa Island is a popular tourist destination, although I didn't go there myself.

I was there for three days in total - which was more than enough time for me; you might find my diary of my time there of interest:

http://www.yearinthelife.org/contents-singapore.php

Happy travels,
Steve

--------------------
steve
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post May 9 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #3

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

I haven't been there myself but I can tell you what not to do...don't chew gum. It's illegal.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Barrett
post May 9 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Nomad

Member No.: 423

I really recommend the orchid garden in the middle of the city. I was lucky enough to get a guided tour and found it fascinating. Its very peaceful and they just opened a new pavillion with mountain flowers.
Also, there is a crazy amusement park on an adjacent island, I didn't go but a lot of people I met enjoyed their day there.
Go out clubbing! Some pretty cool places in Sing, just pick up the local papers and ask around at the hostels for what's on.
Don't forget to get a pic with the MerLion!

I have more info in my TPod entry on Singapore.
Cheers!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
beachbum
post May 10 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

QUOTE(stevejames @ May 9 2006, 06:30 AM) *

Eat lots!

Head to Little India for a proper thali meal, eaten in true style - with your paw; enjoy a huge dim sum breakfast in Chinatown; and stop off for some laksa or something similar, washed down with a bottle or two of Tiger beer. Perhaps not all on the same day tho biggrin.gif

If you're into technology there are whole malls dedicated to computers, cameras, camcorders and other electrical goodies... it's cheap as well, but make sure you shop round and compare prices on the models you are interested in, prices can vary quite a bit.

Apparently there's a zoo/safari park which I heard is very well done for an animal prison, if that takes your fancy. And Sentosa Island is a popular tourist destination, although I didn't go there myself.

I was there for three days in total - which was more than enough time for me; you might find my diary of my time there of interest:

http://www.yearinthelife.org/contents-singapore.php

Happy travels,
Steve

thanks for the input as i was looking for a camera for my trip, also i will check out your blog.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:42 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.