Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> The Best Place to Visit in Philippines
christy3
post Aug 25 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1243911

Hey guys I have always wanted to go to the Philippines and would like to know a little bit more about the attractions, cities, and islands that I can visit. What is the best time of year to go?

Thanks

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
koonel
post Jul 9 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

QUOTE(christy3 @ Aug 25 2010, 05:54 PM) *

Hey guys I have always wanted to go to the Philippines and would like to know a little bit more about the attractions, cities, and islands that I can visit. What is the best time of year to go?

Thanks

I don't think you should skip Manila. When in the Philippines I always choose a hotel in the Ermita area of that city. In that area you have hotels in all price ranges and a few hostels. December is very popular time to visit but you also have many returning Filipinos returning from overseas jobs. Maybe November through February for weather consideration.

There are some warnings about travel to Mindanao and nearby areas because of insurgent activities.

I like Taal Volcano, you can trek Mount Pinatubo. Rice Terraces are popular. But if you are young you might want to investigate some of the beach areas.

Google check will also give you more links like these below. Enter "things to see and do in the Philippines" and you will get many links.
http://www.e-philippines.com.ph/philippine...he-philippines/
http://www.holidaycityflash.com/philippine...things_todo.htm

Good luck.

Whoops! Just noticed the date. Info is okay anyway, maybe someone else can use it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jemevangelista
post Sep 5 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2239723

Have you ever visited wimdu.com? If not then you are missing out on a lot of great deals, cheap and innovative ways of travelling.

Wimdu is a social networking and accommodation site that lets you travel in a unique way. With Wimdu, you have an opportunity to experience a new place as if you've always lived there. Now isn't that quite exciting? So how does it work? In Wimdu's website, people would be posting their own houses, apartments, vacation spots that they themselves own. After which, they would be reached by people from different countries who are interested in their postings and from there the magic happens.

Wimdu helps bridge gaps by destroying the walls and boundaries that we have with people in other countries.

Interested? Visit us at wimdu.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
willymill
post Oct 9 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3305583

Well, my work sends me to Manila quite a bit, and I usually stay in the Fraser Suites serviced apartments at Makati City. Can't say much about the islands because I don't travel much there (work keeps me in the city), but I really love the the music scene there. Makati city has many great joints for live music, like Saguijo, B-Side, Blackbird Makati etc., the crowds are fantastic and the bands are impressive. I would say june - sept is a good time to go.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
janapo
post Oct 12 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2783253

QUOTE(christy3 @ Aug 25 2010, 04:54 PM) *

Thanks

Hi, last july-august we made a roadtrip in the Philippines from north to south. We started our trip in Manila, crossed the whole Luzon via Tuguegerao and Vigan, heading Manila again till Sorsogon. We catched the ferry to Samar and Leyte. Davao was our endpoint. The Philippines is an amazing country, full of nice and friendly people. Now these days, Palawan is the hype but there are so many nice spots. From waterfalls till bat caves, from white sandy beaches till misty rainforest. The best time of the year to travel? I suppose from november till march because in the month of may and june it can be very hot in the Philippines. The period of july till november is typhoon season. If you will visit Mindanao, don't bother about the stories that Mindanao is a dangerous place. Even the people in Luzon and the Visayas will relate this to you because it's unknow country. However you have to be carefull near Lake Lanao, Cotabato and Basilan. Aside from this, you will discover a real "promised land" certainly when you go down of the beaten track. The more we visit the Philippines, the more we like it. "It's really more fun in the Philippines".
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:24 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Philippines

Angeles Hotels
Bacolod Hotels
Baguio Hotels
Banaue Hotels
Batangas Hotels
Cagayan de Oro Hotels
Cavite Hotels
Cebu City Hotels
Davao Hotels
Dipolog Hotels
Dumaguete Hotels
El Nido Hotels
Iloilo City Hotels
Laoag Hotels
Lapu Lapu Hotels
Legaspi Hotels
Mactan Island Hotels
Makati Hotels
Mambajao Hotels
Mandaluyong Hotels
Mandaue Hotels
Manila Hotels
Moalboal Hotels
Olongapo Hotels
Ormoc Hotels
Panglao Hotels
Pasay Hotels
Pasig Hotels
Puerto Galera Hotels
Puerto Princesa Hotels
Quezon City Hotels
Roxas City Hotels
Sagada Hotels
San Fernando Pampanga Hotels
Subic Hotels
Tacloban Hotels
Tagaytay Hotels
Tagbilaran City Hotels
Tarlac Hotels
Virac Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.