Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legroom while traveling in Morocco, I need some advice about traveling with my boyfriend who is 6'4&qu
travel.gal
post Jul 21 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1167991

My boyfriend and I have booked our first trip to Morocco at the end of October. He's 6'4" and concerned that the busses/taxis won't have enough legroom for a reasonably comfortable trip.

We haven't finalized our plans yet, but our main places to visit are Casa (flying in and out), Fes (and Meknes), Marrakesh, and either Merzouga or Zagora/M'Hamid for an overnight camel trek to the dunes.

Of course, between the main cities we'll be taking the train (from what I understand they are quite comfortable), but we don't know our best bet for getting out to the dunes.

Can anyone give some insight about what the best way to travel for someone that is really tall? Has anyone experienced this problem? Suggestions?

Thanks!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
corinneconley
post Jul 22 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Expeditionist

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 638491

**note** You said you will be traveling with your boyfriend. Note that you can not share a hotel room with anyone of the same sex that isn't your husband in Morocco.**

The train will be fine for his height.

In Morocco there are two types of taxis, the kind that takes you within the city and the kind that takes you from one city to the other. Your boyfriend will probably be miserable in the small taxis, but they are for a short jaunt only. He would probably be somewhat comfortable in the larger taxis that go from town to town.

When I went to the desert, we had a driver and a van for our group. I am not sure how it works for only two people, because the desert is surely out of the way of most everything.

--------------------
Recent Trips:
New Trails: Buffalo National River

Upcoming Trips:
Oceanside, California (August)
Las Vegas, Nevada (October)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:35 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.