Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The CORAL BAY in Paphos
greekcypriot
post Jul 16 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

A very Popular beach in Paphos is the Coral Bay. If you are lucky enough to have your holidays on the island of Cyprus and happen to be in Paphos, be sure to visit this beach.
My friends keep telling me with excitement about this beach here.

^^^^
The Coral Bay is a classic family beach, with safe swimming.

The beach at Peyia, on Cyprus's west coast, is known as Coral Bay and is ideal for families in search of safe swimming and soft sand.

party.gif beach.gif party.gif drinks_wine.gif party.gif drinks.gif party.gif

A large horseshoe-shaped cove flanked by steep limestone cliffs. It is the classic holiday sandy beach, with safe swimming and Blue Flag status. A 13th-century BC settlement, Maa-Paleokastro, has been excavated above its northern end, though its rather overshadowed by the many hotels and restaurants.

Konnos Bay, and Lara Beach.

The beach is for those looking to get beyond the municipal beach and the somewhat disappointing beaches of Kato Paphos. Also popular with expats who account for much of the development of villages north and north east of Paphos town.

Lots of watersports and family-friendly activities. Plenty of eating places, sunbeds and parasols, plus inflatables, parascending, diving and water skiing. This beach is much quieter out of the main season, and even at its height it is possible to walk beyond the sunbeds and find uncluttered sand and relative peace.

Bites and bars

There are plenty of bars and restaurants on the beach and in the resort itself, and many are surprisingly appealing this is not a resort with lots of high-rise and development is relatively restrained.

Getting there

Take the coast road from Paphos Town north for about 14 miles signposted to Pegia. There are frequent service buses from Kato Paphos

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yesitaly1
post Apr 14 2012, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2809783
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I WISH TO KNOW WHICH KIND OF TOURISTS ARE IN CORAL BAY AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY,JUST FAMILIES OR ALSO SOME PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT AGES ?
ALSO I WISH TO KNOW FROM WHICH KIND OF COUNTRIES ARE COMING FROM TOURISTS ?

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Jul 16 2010, 05:43 AM) *

A very Popular beach in Paphos is the Coral Bay. If you are lucky enough to have your holidays on the island of Cyprus and happen to be in Paphos, be sure to visit this beach.
My friends keep telling me with excitement about this beach here.

^^^^
The Coral Bay is a classic family beach, with safe swimming.

The beach at Peyia, on Cyprus's west coast, is known as Coral Bay and is ideal for families in search of safe swimming and soft sand.

party.gif beach.gif party.gif drinks_wine.gif party.gif drinks.gif party.gif

A large horseshoe-shaped cove flanked by steep limestone cliffs. It is the classic holiday sandy beach, with safe swimming and Blue Flag status. A 13th-century BC settlement, Maa-Paleokastro, has been excavated above its northern end, though its rather overshadowed by the many hotels and restaurants.

Konnos Bay, and Lara Beach.

The beach is for those looking to get beyond the municipal beach and the somewhat disappointing beaches of Kato Paphos. Also popular with expats who account for much of the development of villages north and north east of Paphos town.

Lots of watersports and family-friendly activities. Plenty of eating places, sunbeds and parasols, plus inflatables, parascending, diving and water skiing. This beach is much quieter out of the main season, and even at its height it is possible to walk beyond the sunbeds and find uncluttered sand and relative peace.

Bites and bars

There are plenty of bars and restaurants on the beach and in the resort itself, and many are surprisingly appealing this is not a resort with lots of high-rise and development is relatively restrained.

Getting there

Take the coast road from Paphos Town north for about 14 miles signposted to Pegia. There are frequent service buses from Kato Paphos

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Apr 16 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

I believe they are mostly couples since schools are still open.
They mostly come from European countries, France, the UK, Italy and many from Russia but I cannot guarantee anything further.
This is where I will be going the last 3 days of my trip to Cyprus and I can tell you by then.
Popi

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yesitaly1
post Apr 16 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #4

[quote name='greekcypriot' date='Apr 16 2012, 12:19 AM' post='561793']
I believe they are mostly couples since schools are still open.
They mostly come from European countries, France, the UK, Italy and many from Russia but I cannot guarantee anything further.
This is where I will be going the last 3 days of my trip to Cyprus and I can tell you by then.
Popi
[/quote

OK I THAN YOU FOR THE INFO !

IF YOU KNOW A CHEAP ACCOMODATION IN PAPHOS PLEASE KINDLY LET ME KNOW !

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !
Tullio
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Apr 16 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

A friend told me that Dyonisos Hotel is a budget hotel....check it if you wish. However I thought that you had already booked for Paphos. Have you changed your mind ?
Good luck

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yesitaly1
post Apr 17 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Apr 16 2012, 11:17 AM) *

A friend told me that Dyonisos Hotel is a budget hotel....check it if you wish. However I thought that you had already booked for Paphos. Have you changed your mind ?
Good luck

DYONISOS HOTEL in PAPHOS it is not at all a Budget Hotel !
1 Single bedroom beginning of May costs 350 euro !!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yesitaly1
post Apr 17 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(yesitaly1 @ Apr 17 2012, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Apr 16 2012, 11:17 AM) *

Good luck

DYONISOS HOTEL in PAPHOS it is not at all a Budget Hotel !
1 Single bedroom beginning of May costs 350 euro !!!

SORRY I MEAN 350 EURO FOR 7 NIGHTS ( 35 euro each Day ! )

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Apr 17 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #8

Rolling Stone

I am really sorry but I thought that this amount was already to be considered as budget. I am afraid I don't know of any other cheaper in the area.

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:20 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.