Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> been there got the t-shirt, honeymoon in ko samui
zoemerkazy
post Jul 10 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1138321
Nominate me as a Local Expert

ok i know its not very original but still need some good tips, advice and recommendations...

me and my man are going on our honeymoon hopefully to ko samui this december for 2 weeks. we both love travelling so we want to be somewhere where we can meet people and have a good laugh but also hide away and chillax for a good while too.
not sure which bit of the island is a good part to stay on.....i know there is mae nom, chewong and lamai (?) and bophut village but i dont want to get caught up in somewhere with all the laaads if i can help it....
we like local markets, beaches, jungles and beautiful scenery and wanna do a bit of exploring and and we both want to do some serious diving and would like to be on a budget but at the same time fancy a nice beach hut for the majority of the trip and then maybe splash out for the last two nights...... our budget is 15 - 40 (40 is max max!!! except for the splashing out bit at the end air_kiss.gif ) for accommodation..... so any suggestions of places that are basic but beautiful (honeymoon remember!) and are in easy reach of things to get to......?

also, i went to ko phi phi just before the tsunami and loved it but not sure what its like now since then and if its a hassle to go there from ko samui....is it better just to stick ko samui area?
also any good dive schools that are quality and quantity but not at extortionate prices.....cant seem to find anything reasonable.......
i was reccommended ko tao but it seems like ko tao is a bit of a tourist trap with places to stay not being what they are advertised at or being completely overpriced......
any ideas much appreciated
z
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zoemerkazy
post Jul 14 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #2

thank you neil i'll check that out! great advice!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Jul 15 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 266185

Hey

I stayed in Chawang in Koh Samui which is more of a party area and the beach is crowded during the day time. There are some really nice resorts that but quite expensive. We stayed at BB Chawang resort which was 2000 baht a night so quite pricey!

Koh Tao is the place most people go diving i know a few people who did their padi diving course for 4 days and accommodation is included in the price normally cost around 200 pounds.

Also went to Phi Phi a few months ago everything has near enough been built to how it was before the T-sunami.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
zoemerkazy
post Jul 15 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #4

fantastic! i think i'm gonna book us a few nights on ko samui just to get over jetlag and then ko tao for 10 days and if we can make it to ko phi phi i will.....
thankyou for your response
xx
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:57 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.