Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cycling in Provence, Rentals, places to see...?
leluvicious
post Jul 8 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 307611

Hi!

I am going to spend a couple of days the south of France and I was thinking of renting a bike in Nice. Do you know any not-so-expensive agencies that rent bikes for about 15-20 € per day (I don't think I could get a bike for cheaper than that)?

I would like to cycle to Villefranche-sur-Mer and Monte Carlo. Are there any roads especially for bikers and hikers or would I have to take the highway? Also, is it okay to cross the border (France-Monaco) with a rental bike?

I'm also interested in cycling around the Vaucluse area, starting from Cavaillon and visiting some of the hilltop villages, my only concern is maybe the terrain's too steep for someone who's only used to cycling on flat areas? Has anyone taken the bus from Cavaillon to Gordes and Roussillon instead?

I would love to hear any information from people who've done something similar to what I'm planning on. And any suggestions on what to see in Provence are welcome, too because I haven't made up my mind what to see yet.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gyl.johnson
post Jul 16 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Nomad

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 89210

For the Cote d'Azur, try Holiday Bikes, its very close to Les Promenades d'Anglais. To do the circuit you're implying, you would have to take the highway, which is two lanes.

For the Vaucluse, hilltop villages are just that, on the top of big hills so expect it to be steep. However, it's definitely not the steepist there is in France. There is limited but fuctioning bus services in all around the region.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.