Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lockers for SCUBA gear., Very safe place need for SCUBA dive gear.
salemk
post Jul 7 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Expeditionist

Group: Members
Member No.: 291677
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I'm flying into the Philippines for a month and dont want to cary around my SCUBA gear.
Do they have lockers I could use for a month? or how else could I make this work?
I have a job in Thailand as an instructor and will flying there next.
I will be diving there but I dont think it would be a good idea to travel around (trying to see all of it) in the short amount of time (one month) and be carrying more then one bag.
I'll be flying into Manila and will want to keep it there for a month.
I'm assuming I'll be flying out of Manila to get to Thailand. Yes No?

--------------------
The time has come to make a choice. Either you choose to be at your desk, on time, everyday, or you choose to travel and see the world.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
koonel
post Jul 9 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

QUOTE(salemk @ Jul 7 2010, 08:29 PM) *

I'm flying into the Philippines for a month and dont want to cary around my SCUBA gear.
Do they have lockers I could use for a month? or how else could I make this work?
I will be diving there but I dont think it would be a good idea to travel around (trying to see all of it) in the short amount of time (one month) and be carrying more then one bag.

I usually stay in the Ermita area. I don't use hostels although I have stopped in the Friendly's place. Some of the hotels will store some of your gear for you. If you have big tanks with you they may be afraid of them. When you are in Manila you just have to try a couple hotels.

Stone House B&B and Mabini Pension are on Mabini. I have used the Stone House a few times when I wanted to save some money but still have a private room with TV, toilet/shower and A/C. I think the Stone House is a little better than the Mabini Pension. But, Mabini Pension has a blurb in their website that says "storage room for luggage."

If you go for the cheapest fan room, especially the Mabini Pension, expect that the street side rooms will be noisy and sometimes outside neon advertising also lights up your room! Jeepneys revving engines and honking horns all night long! Rooms with A/C are quieter, mainly because the windows are shut! Fan rooms need the windows open for ventilation and cooling.
http://www.mabinipension.com/services.html

Unless you have a boat lined up you will be flying out of Manila to Thailand. I posted on your other airport info request already on this subject.

Good luck.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
salemk
post Jul 9 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Expeditionist

Member No.: 291677

QUOTE(koonel @ Jul 9 2010, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(salemk @ Jul 7 2010, 08:29 PM) *

I usually stay in the Ermita area. I don't use hostels although I have stopped in the Friendly's place. Some of the hotels will store some of your gear for you. If you have big tanks with you they may be afraid of them. When you are in Manila you just have to try a couple hotels.

Stone House B&B and Mabini Pension are on Mabini. I have used the Stone House a few times when I wanted to save some money but still have a private room with TV, toilet/shower and A/C. I think the Stone House is a little better than the Mabini Pension. But, Mabini Pension has a blurb in their website that says "storage room for luggage."

If you go for the cheapest fan room, especially the Mabini Pension, expect that the street side rooms will be noisy and sometimes outside neon advertising also lights up your room! Jeepneys revving engines and honking horns all night long! Rooms with A/C are quieter, mainly because the windows are shut! Fan rooms need the windows open for ventilation and cooling.
http://www.mabinipension.com/services.html

Unless you have a boat lined up you will be flying out of Manila to Thailand. I posted on your other airport info request already on this subject.

Good luck.

Thanks

--------------------
The time has come to make a choice. Either you choose to be at your desk, on time, everyday, or you choose to travel and see the world.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
allseasonhotels
post Jul 12 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Drifter

Member No.: 1030571

Why canít you just leave your scuba gear in Thailand? There are a lot of diving shops in the Philippines where you can rent scuba gears.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
allseasonhotels
post Jul 12 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Drifter

Member No.: 1030571

Oh, I am sorry for the wrong reply. Where are you from? Why do you want to bring your scuba gear with you? If you need one, there are a lot of diving shops in the Philippines or in Thailand where you can rent scuba gears.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Philippines

Angeles Hotels
Bacolod Hotels
Baguio Hotels
Banaue Hotels
Batangas Hotels
Cagayan de Oro Hotels
Cavite Hotels
Cebu City Hotels
Davao Hotels
Dipolog Hotels
Dumaguete Hotels
El Nido Hotels
Iloilo City Hotels
Laoag Hotels
Lapu Lapu Hotels
Legaspi Hotels
Mactan Island Hotels
Makati Hotels
Mambajao Hotels
Mandaluyong Hotels
Mandaue Hotels
Manila Hotels
Moalboal Hotels
Olongapo Hotels
Ormoc Hotels
Panglao Hotels
Pasay Hotels
Pasig Hotels
Puerto Galera Hotels
Puerto Princesa Hotels
Quezon City Hotels
Roxas City Hotels
Sagada Hotels
San Fernando Pampanga Hotels
Subic Hotels
Tacloban Hotels
Tagaytay Hotels
Tagbilaran City Hotels
Tarlac Hotels
Virac Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.