Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Hawaii vs. the Caribbean, why Hawaii wins
starlagurl
post Sep 8 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

This blogger thinks that Hawaii is better than the Caribbean. I've never been to Hawaii, but the Caribbean is pretty awesome, so I'm not sure I agree.

1.. The Aloha Spirit

2. Volcanoes!

3. The Climate and Terrain Diversity

4. The Food

5. The Polynesian Culture

6. Hawaii feels safer.

7. The US Dollar

Find the reasons here:
http://www.govisithawaii.com/2008/07/29/ha...hy-hawaii-wins/

Which is better?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mmbcross
post Sep 8 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

This is ridiculous. It's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange. They are both so different there is no comparison...or is there?

1. Whatever is the Aloha Spirit? I've been to Hawaii twice and haven't experienced it. At times it seems to be just another very expensive American state, albeit an extremely beautiful one. Maybe the Aloha Spirit was lost when the territory was annexed by the United States.
2. The Caribbean has active volcanoes (Montserrat come to mind).
3. The Caribbean has a similar climate and terrain diversity, though it can't claim snowfall that Mauna Kea can boast of.
4. To my mind the food in the Caribbean is far superior and diverse than Hawaii.
5. Obviously there is no Polynesian culture in the Caribbean, nor is there any Caribbean culture in Hawaii. Can't compare in this case. Hawaii has its Hula, the Caribbean has its Limbo, Calypso, Reggae, Soca, Merenque, Salsa, Mambo, Cha Cha, Timba, etc.....
6. This may well be true in the case of the larger islands such as Jamaica and Santo Domingo. Not so in the smaller islands, where you are a safe as anywhere in the world.
7. All the economies in the Caribbean are pegged to the US$, except the French dependencies.

I'll cede one thing though...the surfing in Hawaii just can't be compared to the wimpy waves in the Caribbean.

So I said the destinations cannot be compared, then went right ahead and compared them. White man speak with forked tongue!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:52 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.