Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Hawaii vs. the Caribbean, why Hawaii wins
starlagurl
post Sep 8 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

This blogger thinks that Hawaii is better than the Caribbean. I've never been to Hawaii, but the Caribbean is pretty awesome, so I'm not sure I agree.

1.. The Aloha Spirit

2. Volcanoes!

3. The Climate and Terrain Diversity

4. The Food

5. The Polynesian Culture

6. Hawaii feels safer.

7. The US Dollar

Find the reasons here:
http://www.govisithawaii.com/2008/07/29/ha...hy-hawaii-wins/

Which is better?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
227sof
post Jun 17 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2042181
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I am a retired military member who has traveled extensivley to both the caribian and hawaii--I have to say that hawaii wins in almost every catigory. I will say that they are so different that, yes it is hard to compare both. I found St thomas very nice but hilly (Rolling hills like NJ) no real mountins to speak of--in Hawaii there are some of the most beutiful moutains I have ever seen, with ( for example) Kauai"s Napali coast --It streaches amost 20 miles of beaches and cliffs that can only be reached by air or sea--the cliffs are thousands of feet high dropping strait down into the most beutiful blue ocean you have ever seen. ( many of you have seen it without knowing what it was : Jurasic park was filmed there). I could go on and on about what there is to do in Hawaii:( Mountain climbing, Surfing, Snow Skiing, Diving, Snorkling, Beutifull beaches, frendly poeple, fishing, para glide, para sail, sky diving, graet night life, Hawaian humpback whale watching, dolphin watching, rain forest hiking, FREASH WATER RIVER cayaking, ECT, ECT, ECT. I could go on all day, and some but not all of the things I metioned can be done in the caribiean. If you are a surfer--Forget about it The caribiean surf SUCKS!!!!!!!! it is beutiful and the beaches are white---however, thats all that the caribiean has over hawaii.
And not to metion that you are for the most part on forien soil ( places that could change governments overnight). Then the most impotant question--what time of the year do you want to travel? If you go to Hawaii in the winter months ( Dec-Mar) Hawaii has more rain, Although comming from PA and rains systems that will last weeks (cload cover) hawaiain rain is breif even in winter lasting no more than hours at most. Hawaiiain weather is best in the summer months. The caribiean is OPRESSIVLY HOT during the summer months with humity levels that match the east coast ( Sweating in the shade without moving--only you people from east coast will even know what i am talking about.) the humity levels in hawaii are much lower becuase of the constant Trade winds that carry it off of the Island. The temperatures in hawaii are about 5 Deg. higher in the summer, However tempertures rarley go above 87 Deg. As apposded to the caribiean where in the summer months it can get as high as 96 Deg with * 80% humitity. ( Holy S##t Hot). There is air conditioning but who wants to stay in there room all day, and night.
Then there is Hurican season, well that speaks for itself--the last major huricane to hit Hawaii was EVA in 1982. When was the last huricane to hit the caribian--what was the count last year didn't we go through the whole Alphabet last year. The Caribeian or Hawaii? Hawaii wins Hands down! (P.S) Please excuse my spelling as there is no spell check avialable and my spelling Sucks !!!!!)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:28 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.