Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Accommodation in the Gambia, Gambia
off_road_clara
post Apr 10 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 430
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Does anyone know a cheap but safe place to stay in Banjul, Kololi and elsewhere in the Gambia. I will be travelling as a lone female and don't have the finances to support hotel living. Internet searches don't give many options - only one hostel. Are there small guesthouses and family businesses in the areas, and can these be booked on arrival? I would prefer to support the local accom providers where possible.

Many Thanks,
Claire

--------------------
Welcome to my world. Hop on board with Off Road Clara
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
amberlina
post Apr 11 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 623

QUOTE(off_road_clara @ Apr 10 2006, 10:09 AM) *

Does anyone know a cheap but safe place to stay in Banjul, Kololi and elsewhere in the Gambia. I will be travelling as a lone female and don't have the finances to support hotel living. Internet searches don't give many options - only one hostel. Are there small guesthouses and family businesses in the areas, and can these be booked on arrival? I would prefer to support the local accom providers where possible.

Many Thanks,
Claire

I did some research and I hope that this helps!
Description
This one costs about 16$ per night

The houses are situated in a beautiful garden, where you can enjoy African drinks and dishes if you like. They are six African style houses where you will have your own toilet and shower. Feel free to do as you like in the Brufut-Motel!
The Brufut-motel is situated a short distance from The Gambia's biggest Holidaycentre. Here you can enjoy "authentic-Africa". You will spend The night in round houses with your own toilet/shower.

Brufut motel, Brufut, Gambia

via da Kombo Coastal Road, Gambia.

IPB Image

Facilities

Laundry
Airport Pick Up
Bicycle Hire
Linen Included
Curfew
Credit Cards Accepted

Address: P.M.B 252, Serekunda, Gambia.

Paradise Inn Lodge is a beautifully located lodge containing twenty huts in typical African-style with a bar/restaurant, reception, souvenirshop. Intnl. calls possible.

A 20 minute walk or a 15 minute boat trip will bring you to the unspoiled beaches of Tanji. Take the time for new experiences and enjoy a trip down the river for some creek fishing.
IPB Image

Facilities

Breakfast Included
Restaurant
Car Parking Available
Laundry
Airport Pick Up
Bicycle Hire
Linen Included
Bar
Towels
Security Lockers
Luggage Storage
Telephone/Fax Facilities
24 Hour Reception
Travel Desk/Travel Info
Bureau de Change
Bike Parking
BBQ Area
Free Car Park
Taxes included in price

My name is Amber Lynn- I will post more info as I find it for you- let me know if you have any questions I can help with!

--------------------
That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased. - Emerson

We must never cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot
IPB Image[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gambian4u
post Dec 4 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 263228

Hello Claire,
Nice to read you are comming to the Gambia, I am a Gambian boy age of 24 yrs old and live in Brikama town..
It would be nice if we can talk and become friends if you dont mind, I could help you find more informations on Gambia and about what you like to know.
I do have e-mail you can write me to.
dawda5@hotmail.com
Dawda
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yildo
post Nov 27 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 540281

hello Claire my name is Ozgur i live in the uk.However i am planning too travel too Gambia too i will need too look up the accomodation i have seen thats cheap.I am go together if not no problem il get u the details going their on a bussines trip.I have been their before i would not reccomend u stay with any strangers that r offering u to stay with them.Often u get pestered for finances not unless u know them well.I am planning on going on february if u wish we can go together if not il still give u the deatails of the cheap accomodation.I m not trying too hit on u .It is just for your own safety il be their for no more than a week [size=3]HOLIDAY APARTMENTS PINEAPPLE LODGE
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:33 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.