Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> can we have more visitor info?
thellie
post Sep 6 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Members
Member No.: 13877
Nominate me as a Local Expert

hi luc,
we currently get to see how many people look at our journal each month, but is it possible to break that down to individual entries? and if visitors are registered with travlepod, then can we see their visit data?

also, if i go to an entry as a visitor (but already logged in), is that visit added to the main total? as that would obviously skew the results...

cheers smile.gif
thellie
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
testskdlfjsdlkf
post Sep 6 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 86040

QUOTE(thellie @ Sep 6 2007, 08:01 PM) *

hi luc,
we currently get to see how many people look at our journal each month, but is it possible to break that down to individual entries? and if visitors are registered with travlepod, then can we see their visit data?

also, if i go to an entry as a visitor (but already logged in), is that visit added to the main total? as that would obviously skew the results...

cheers smile.gif
thellie

We're considering allowing members to track their blogs with sitemeter.com... you'd have to go register there, then come back to TP and paste a small peice of code. You'd then have access to a ton of stats on the sitemeter.com site.

Would this be something you think you'd be interested in or does this sounds to complicated?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thellie
post Sep 6 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Member No.: 13877

QUOTE(testskdlfjsdlkf @ Sep 7 2007, 01:51 AM) *

We're considering allowing members to track their blogs with sitemeter.com... you'd have to go register there, then come back to TP and paste a small peice of code. You'd then have access to a ton of stats on the sitemeter.com site.

Would this be something you think you'd be interested in or does this sounds to complicated?

yeah, interested, unless it works along the same lines as clustrmaps. registering, grabbing a piece of code and pasting in is easy enough, but clustrmaps was too fiddly and basically a pain in the ass - having to reregister to get code for each individual entry, and then you don't know exactly who has visited you - i want to know which of my friends who i email on every entry are reading it (or at least visiting the entry). i reckon it's possible to write some sort of 'if elseif' or 'switch' code into a single code which gives the relevant info for any entry visited, but i have no eye deer how complicated it would be.

but, as i said, if it's the same as clustrmaps, then nope, not interested.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:46 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.