Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best way to travel from phi phi to krabi
lornie
post Apr 7 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 275134

Hi,

Can anyone advise the best/safest way to get from phi phi to krabi for a lone female traveller? Also is there much to do in Krabi? Recommendations? Nice beaches? Good to meet fellow solo travellers?

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 7 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Oooh looks like you can take a ferry:

Ferries run from/to Ko Phi Phi, Ko Jum and Ko Lanta daily. Most depart in the morning. Tickets can be purchased at the dock or from tourist offices and most local guesthouses and hotels. The normal passenger ferry does not start from the center of town anymore, but from a new passenger port about 3 km outside Krabi. Free taxi transfer to the pier should be included in the price of your ticket. If your boat starts from the old piers in the center of town (Chao Fah pier or Phi Phi pier), you are most likely on a more expensive and longer tourist boat ride. Also, make sure that when you arrive at the airport the taxi driver takes you to the correct pier. Many times they'll take you to a travel agent near the old pier and sell you additional accommodations or services. Only ever buy the ticket you need. Prices will often get cheaper the closer you get to your next destination.

Ferry tickets to Ko Phi Phi are 350 baht when purchased from a travel agent.

The large displayed time-tables in the many travel agencies are just for show and the times are not to be taken literally. Ask. As of July 2007, there were two ferries a day from Krabi to Ko Phi Phi a day: 10am and 2:30pm. They add additional ferries during high-season.

The pier at Klong Jilad, for ferries to and from Ko Phi Phi has a taxi desk with posted prices: 150 baht to Krabi town, and 350 baht to the airport.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kris
post Apr 7 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Member No.: 370

i enjoyed a recent trip to railay in the krabi area.. an obvious next destination which is popular coming from phi-phi.. easy to meet others whether on the way, doing the trek to the lagoon, joining a climbing outfit for the day or checking out the low key bars.. theres two or three good beaches, i preferred phra nang..

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lornie
post Apr 8 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Thanks Neil.. What i meant was how to get from phuket to krabi.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Apr 8 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Vagabond

Member No.: 30044

QUOTE(lornie @ Apr 8 2009, 10:44 PM) *

Well....there is a bus, all the way up from Phuket, round, and back down to Krabi (might not be direct), or you can island hop from Phuket to Phi Phi to Krabi....or the same as the latter, but adding in other islands in between as well?....

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lornie
post Apr 9 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(kathryn77 @ Apr 8 2009, 05:47 PM) *

Well....there is a bus, all the way up from Phuket, round, and back down to Krabi (might not be direct), or you can island hop from Phuket to Phi Phi to Krabi....or the same as the latter, but adding in other islands in between as well?....

Thanks Kathryn, have heard Krabi is not great so am thinking of giving that a miss now. I suppose I am maybe planning too much but just want to have a rough idea and then go with the flow! I will maybe stay in Phuket for a night or 2 and then I reckon hit Phi Phi.. also heard Railay Beach is nice and that's along the way, you been there?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Apr 9 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #7

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

Krabi's amazing. Who keeps giving you all this negative information?

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Apr 10 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #8

Vagabond

Member No.: 30044

Hi Lornie,
Unfortunately missed out on Krabi last time, but planning to potentially go there this time round, in June - can't wait! hyper.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
raniroo
post Apr 12 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #9

Sightseer

Member No.: 19411

QUOTE(lornie @ Apr 9 2009, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(kathryn77 @ Apr 8 2009, 05:47 PM) *

Thanks Kathryn, have heard Krabi is not great so am thinking of giving that a miss now. I suppose I am maybe planning too much but just want to have a rough idea and then go with the flow! I will maybe stay in Phuket for a night or 2 and then I reckon hit Phi Phi.. also heard Railay Beach is nice and that's along the way, you been there?

There are either slow boats or speed boats that leave Phi Phi to Krabi.

Definately stay at Raileh Beach...you can get a long tail around from Krabi, which takes about 20 minutes or so and there are few cool resorts to stay at....awesome spot.

--------------------
If you really look like your passport photo, you need the holiday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:53 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.