Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Best of Brazil for 18-30 yr. olds
freeworld77
post Feb 3 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 136418
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hey everybody,

I'm brand new to the forum. I've just started to produce travel videos for indie travel agents, and I wanted to know where are the best places to visit in Brazil for people 18-30 yrs old. This would include shopping, nightlife, beaches, bars, etc. Samantha Brown's Passport to Latin America is not working for me, lol.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chasingbohemia
post Feb 3 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Wanderer

Member No.: 134911

salvador for culture
florianopolis for beauty
igauzzu for nature
rio de janeiro for all around good times party.gif

and no to brasilia

when in rio, head down to ipanema beach, hire yourself a seat, have a seat, wait for the fresh coconut and vodkas to come to you.

avoid copacabana, it's seedier and more like that you'll get mugged by favelas.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
freeworld77
post Feb 5 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 136418

[quote name='chasingbohemia' date='Feb 3 2008, 11:39 PM' post='39794']

Thanks a million. One more question, if somebody asked you to produce a tv show based on the places in Brazil, what else would you feature?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post May 12 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

For beaches and good nightlife, Porto Seguro is a popular Brazilian destination, along with Fortaleza. Not many people outside of Brazil know about Porto Seguro and if you go there, the night clubs along the beach take turns having the big party of the night. The Toa Toa and Barromares are the best nightclubs there in my opinion.

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
vjtw11
post Apr 6 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1872571

Hi,

Just spent 3 months in Brazil.

Rio de Janeiro is obviously a great place. Lapa, Ipanema, Leblon are all great areas for nightlife. Within Lapa there are a bunch of places as far as clubs right next to each cother that are great, 40 degrees and rio scenarium being some of my favorites.

One of my favorite things I did while in brazil was a favela tour. I was very speculative on it exploiting the favelas, but I was fortunate to have a great tour guide who was from the favela and used the tour fees at least partially to support favela community programs. You can tell he really adores his favela, and cares to share it with the world. Check out some photos of it at myfingerprinttravel.com/fingerprintblog/, it also has some resources if you want to find out more about the tour.

Best,
Victor
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
raiasdosol
post Jul 20 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2130951

Hello!
I spent 6 months in Brasil last year, and the bulk of my time was in Recife (north east, on the coast). I rented an apartment in Boa Viagem with another girl, and we really enjoyed the beach scene of the neighborhood, although most of out party times were spent in Recife Antigo (downtown, basically). There are a lot of clubs geared towards younger people (UK Pub being one of our favorites), but I absolutely loved sitting in the street, drinking beer, and listening to local samba. There are plenty of street vendors who have cheap alcohol and great food, and watching a huge crowd of Brasilians dance and sing the words to their favorite songs was a wonderful, authentic experience.
I also had the opportunity to visit Rio De Janeiro towards the end of the 6 months, and I absolutely fell in love with the city. This is one place where I suggest doing all the "tourist" activities. You will find that even the locals enjoy going up to Pao de Acucar and watching the sunset. Rio has such captivatingly beautiful scenery that it would be a shame not to see O Cristo Redentor ("The Christ Statue") while you are there. Also, visit Corcovado and go to the Lapa street party. I stayed in a hostel (Mellow Yellow) by myself and found Rio to be surprisingly safe; however, I knew the language and I made local friends almost immediately when I was there. The English folks that were in my hostel stayed together in a big group at the Lapa street party and got robbed the first night. A word to the wise: Learn some of the language, don't stay in a big group, don't be drunk and loud and draw attention to yourself. Just try to talk to the locals and observe. And always watch out for "innocent" kids!
While in Rio, I made the transfer to Ilha Grande for a few days. It cost me a pretty penny to get there, but it was totally worth it! I stayed at Che Lagarto hostel and just enjoyed the amazing, remote scenery (this is where "The Blue Lagoon" was filmed). I would suggest either making the 6 mile hike over the mountain to Lopes Mendes beach, or paying for a boat tour of the islands pristine beaches. I unfortunately had a nasty cold the entire time I was there, so I wasn't up for the hike, but I did take a "party boat" tour of the islands beaches. Somehow I managed to stay relatively sober while all the English kids were getting pissed out of their minds. This proved to be a good decision, because while they were all sloppily making out, I was enjoying the most epic sunset swim EVER. It is a moment that is burned in my memory. So don't waste a tour by being sloppy drunk! There are no ATM's on Ilha Grande, so bring plenty of cash, and, if you can, bring some food and booze for yourself- it can be expensive to eat/drink in the hostels or restaurants on the island.
I hope this is helpful for anyone traveling to Brazil! I certainly fell in love while I was there. Just remember to be polite and definitely learn some Portuguese...it's not that hard!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:23 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.