Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sugar Free Buckets? - Diabetic, advixe on bucket drinking for a diabetic.
aylaronnie
post Oct 8 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1357111
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi All,

I am traveling round SEA with my Boyf this summer (nov-feb) and will of course be attending the full moon parties and consuming many a bucket.
So my question is - is it possible/easy to get my buckets with diet coke or diet sprite (or anything sugar free really)? Im diabetic and while i can get away with drinking rather sugary drinks (just lading up on insulin) its something id really rather not do as it can be a bit hit and miss and generally can make me fall rather crap sick.png

Any help would be fab.

xoxo
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pele0069
post Dec 21 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 857551

I am pretty sure, you could find buckets with diet soda, but im not positive on the beach, they sell them just off the beach for sure...
The only reason i know this is because I am allergic to caffeine and was searching for caffeine free sodas...
have fun, full moon was awesome, if you could go up to tube in Laos as well it was great

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
alffredangelo
post Nov 22 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 2389033

QUOTE(pele0069 @ Dec 21 2010, 04:20 PM) *

I am pretty sure, you could find buckets with diet soda, but im not positive on the beach, they sell them just off the beach for sure...
The only reason i know this is because I am allergic to caffeine and was searching for caffeine free sodas...
have fun, full moon was awesome, if you could go up to tube in Laos as well it was great

it's easier to find diet cokes than caffene free drinks these days. Go ahead and enjoy you will get those near by dun worry.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pele0069
post Nov 22 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 857551

QUOTE(alffredangelo @ Nov 22 2011, 05:44 PM) *

it's easier to find diet cokes than caffene free drinks these days. Go ahead and enjoy you will get those near by dun worry.

funny thing is i posted this last year sometime and im going back to thailand next week...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
barsie
post Dec 23 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #5

Globetrotter

Member No.: 195337

Thai's often take Soda when drinking spirits- so there will be buckets with soda/sangsom(rum) or soda/mekong(whiskey)

A typical way thai's drink is to share a bottle of whiskey, they will have lots of ice in their glasses then whiskey topped with soda and finished with a dash of coke.

--------------------
Would be life traveler.

Visit BackPackingShop
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
alffredangelo
post Dec 23 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 2389033

QUOTE(pele0069 @ Nov 22 2011, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(alffredangelo @ Nov 22 2011, 05:44 PM) *

funny thing is i posted this last year sometime and im going back to thailand next week...

Lol...Have fun again, and I'm sure you will find diet drinks neearby tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 04:00 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.