Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biking across Canada with a friend
cobra15
post Sep 28 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 388161
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi all, My name is Daniel I am an 18 year old engineering student. During this coming summer myself and a good friend of mine are planning to travel across Canada by bike. The trip is still in its planning stages and we are currently deciding on a route and trying to gather as much information as we can about the journey.
We are considering collecting pledges to donate to charities but the details are still undecided at the moment. We are hoping to make this trip our great adventure, something we can look back upon in many years with a sense of accomplishment.
Any tips comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will keep posting any new developments on this thread.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Sep 29 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hey cool! I've heard the best way to go is West to East, to go with the prevailing winds in the prairies.

Have you decided where you are starting yet?

BTW: TravelPod members and cyclists are ALWAYS welcome to sleep on my couch in Ottawa.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shlfty
post Sep 29 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 390761

You should consider filming your adventure.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
globalbackpack
post Oct 5 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 404931

Hi Daniel

I own two backpacker hostels in Toronto and if you are able to develop a charitable approach to your trip, then I suggest you get in touch directly with hostels across the country and pitch them for compliomentary overnights. Please note though that this will only work if you are seriously collecting for a charity--don't use it for simple freebies for your own trip. We alos operate the Moose bus network so if you want any goodi deas of places to visit let me know. Cheers and good luck

QUOTE(cobra15 @ Sep 28 2009, 11:35 PM) *

Hi all, My name is Daniel I am an 18 year old engineering student. During this coming summer myself and a good friend of mine are planning to travel across Canada by bike. The trip is still in its planning stages and we are currently deciding on a route and trying to gather as much information as we can about the journey.
We are considering collecting pledges to donate to charities but the details are still undecided at the moment. We are hoping to make this trip our great adventure, something we can look back upon in many years with a sense of accomplishment.
Any tips comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will keep posting any new developments on this thread.

Thanks

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:15 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.