Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelpod outage on July 4, time to find a new host for Travelpod.com!
David T.
post Jul 4 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Travelpod was offline for almost an hour today, apparently *not* due to planned maintenance or an upgrade, but due to hard drive difficulties at EV1, according to a Travelpod representative that I reached on the phone during the outage.

Unfortunately, my wife was in an Internet cafe in Rome, in the middle of editing, adding to (uploading pictures) entries, etc. at the moment it crashed, and lost a LOT of work (I'don't think she was to a point where she could save). She saw the crash and then sat there, trying to reconnect with the site, while her pre-paid Internet time ticked away. I talked to her on the phone (after she emailed me) and she was VERY upset.

I would urge the "powers that be" at Travelpod to find more reliable servers than those at EV1. The representative I spoke with said that the outage was expected to last 5 minutes, but I have proof that it lasted a LOT longer than that.

A paying Travelpod user,
DT
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dtopping
post Jul 4 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3838
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Darn! I had logged in as "dtopping" *before* I started that post...but the system seems to occasionally forget my login status, so now the post was made by a "guest" and I can't edit it...whatever.....

Please realize that although I'm expressing frustration, I am mostly happy with what Travelpod offers and with the nice people involved with it. Oh, and when I say "a paying Travelpod user," I'm speaking not of this account, but of my wife's account for her Girl Scouts.

DT
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:46 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.