Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> warning to all women travelling to negombo sri lanka
victim
post May 14 2007, 05:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54465

Attached Imagewarning for this guy Anton Fernando negombo sri Lanka: I have just been a victim of a 'Grooming Plot' in Negombo by a local tour guide family trying to gain visas to The West etc and in my case the UK. These people also con women out of money and expensive gifts. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH "Anthoniyo Tours and Travels' situated opposite 'The Camelot Beach Hotel' in Lewis Place. (It is a small red shop) I very nearly married the son Anton - after coming back to Sri Lanka 6 times to see him and do voluntary animal work with him. HE IS VERY DANGEROUS - A USER AND A LIER! AND HAS PREYED ON MANY WESTERN WOMEN / TOURISTS OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS - He has targetted women from UK, Germany, Holland, Russia, Sweden etc. He is only young - 24 years old, but looks and acts older - is DEVIOUS and charming. He is quite good looking and plays on his looks to flirt with and trap usually older women into falling in love with him - He is very clever and this process can be long drawn out - in my case over 2 years! At the same time as me, he has been juggling at least 5 others - to hedge his bets of marriage, visa and to scam money and presents. HE RARELY USES CONDOMS AND TRIES TO GET WOMEN PREGNANT. His ENTIRE family are all part of this evil ingrained plot. His full name is Morawage Anton Dilrukshan Fernando - but known as Anton - he has pony tail hair and different styles of beards - usually wears casual western style clothes / sporty / hip hop / rap. His father is called Santha and uncle Harrison. They both drive flashy Toyota Town Ace minibuses - and usually tout for business outside the shop or outside the opposite hotels. They do airport runs and tours to the sights of Sri Lanka. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE AN EVIL, NASTY SET UP... I have only just escaped by the skin of my teeth. Please feel free to get in touch with me for more info or if you also have been a victim. I have just found 3 other women who have also been victims. (2 of us were pregnant by this trickster - and i know there are lots more like us)I have just been a victim of a 'Grooming Plot' in Negombo by a local tour guide family trying to gain visas to The West etc and in my case the UK. These people also con women out of money and expensive gifts.
PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH "Anthoniyo Tours and Travels' situated opposite 'The Camelot Beach Hotel' in Lewis Place. (It is a small red shop) I very nearly married the son Anton - after coming back to Sri Lanka 6 times to see him and do voluntary animal work with him.
HE IS VERY DANGEROUS - A USER AND A LIER! AND HAS PREYED ON MANY WESTERN WOMEN / TOURISTS OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS - He has targetted women from UK, Germany, Holland, Russia, Sweden etc.
He is only young - 24 years old, but looks and acts older - is DEVIOUS and charming. He is quite good looking and plays on his looks to flirt with and trap usually older women into falling in love with him - He is very clever and this process can be long drawn out - in my case over 2 years! At the same time as me, he has been juggling at least 5 others - to hedge his bets of marriage, visa and to scam money and presents. HE RARELY USES CONDOMS AND TRIES TO GET WOMEN PREGNANT.
His ENTIRE family are all part of this evil ingrained plot.
His full name is Morawage Anton Dilrukshan Fernando - but known as Anton - he has pony tail hair and different styles of beards - usually wears casual western style clothes / sporty / hip hop / rap. His father is called Santha and uncle Harrison.
They both drive flashy Toyota Town Ace minibuses - and usually tout for business outside the shop or outside the opposite hotels. They do airport runs and tours to the sights of Sri Lanka.
PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE AN EVIL, NASTY SET UP... I have only just escaped by the skin of my teeth. Please feel free to get in touch with me for more info or if you also have been a victim. I have just found 3 other women who have also been victims. (2 of us were pregnant by this trickster - and i know there are lots more like us)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nomadic
post Apr 13 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 157727

Nearly a year has passed sine you posted this message. I hope you have got over what sounds like a difficult time for you. I would suggest if you haven't already, sending as many details of your ex to the British High Commission Visa Section (attention of the "Entry Clearance Manager") and copied to the European missions in Colombo too.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
swedishgirl
post Jan 21 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 267146

QUOTE(nomadic @ Apr 13 2008, 10:21 AM) *

Nearly a year has passed sine you posted this message. I hope you have got over what sounds like a difficult time for you. I would suggest if you haven't already, sending as many details of your ex to the British High Commission Visa Section (attention of the "Entry Clearance Manager") and copied to the European missions in Colombo too.

--------------------
No Name
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
swedishgirl
post Jan 27 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #4

Hey,

I just wanna say that a good friend of mine just came back from Negombo and also met a guy named Anton Fernando, its the same guy that other girl is talking about. Im so in shock by reading this all. My best friend was so in love with this guy but found out that he was just using her for money and sex. She found out some more details about this guy that there were many girls in the past used by him. He is employed by english animal group haaaw or haaw who believe in him, their female volunteers at huge risk. Also people in the street are talking about this Anton guy. I feel very sad for my best friend. I just wanna help her, maybe i can do something for her and will inform the European missions in Colombo too. I also have some pictures and wanna put in here so people will recognize him.

--------------------
No Name
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
crystalclear
post Mar 6 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 271805

'Bugmenot' You are not in any position to make comment. "woman scorned"! Which woman are you talking about? There have been many women victimized by this bloke! The authorites are aware of the situation and even approached European victims to witness as they wanted to bring a case to try bang him up because of the level of complaints and bad image for tourism.
Interesting that you harp on back to the first posting! Suspect you are something to do with the UK based bunch of dumbos who employ this snake in the grass to help them with their 'welfare work' (+ what a joke that is)
Shame HAAAW refuse to realise the truth about him + the risk to their volunteer gals! If only they knew what a liar, fake and dangerous person he is, not to mention violent. A brothel pimp who laughed about outsmarting their volunteers for money etc etc and wished downfall for the main women + for the entire group, even plotting for it!! If only they weren't so dumb + imbittered not to listen to those who know the full extent! Wake up + get with reality, but it will all come out some day, these things always do.
By the way, i'm well travelled thank you, and continue to be. I even still go to Sri Lanka.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
swedishgirl
post Mar 7 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(bugmenot @ Mar 2 2009, 10:09 AM) *

Oh dear talk about a woman scorned. I have to say you don't sound very bright. You actually got pregnant. Have you never heard of birth control? You say he very rarely uses condoms but you didn't use one either how stupid was that?

I'm sorry to say that you sound like you got what you deserved. You travelled there 6 times over a period of two years and for some reason though this was the love of your life. If you have been to the country that many times then you will know the level of poverty endured by most people there. It's no secret that many young people try to attach themselves to tourists in the hope that marriage to a foreigner will give them access to a visa and a chance to get out of the country.

Maybe you ought to stay put. It doesn't seem like foreign travel is the thing for you.

Ahhh sound you know Anton Fernando very GOOD. Is he also screwing you? Thats why u behave like this... OMG. Only if a woman is F**king this guy is blind to see what kind of guy he is.

Just wanted to say that you are a sad whore. Taking side of a man who you trust and dont wanna see what kind of guy he is. That is VERY SAD. At least there are some girls who are smarter than you to take the chance to put scams like Anton in here. There are so many girls fooled by this stinky dog. BUT hey dont believe me ...just go after Anton dick. You must be involved with him and amusing the things he did and still is doing, maybe you are helping him with finding more girls..LOL or maybe you also have dogs for him also.

Anyway you must be a fat ugly sad woman ( im right huh? LOL)who cannot get a decent guy and thats why you act like this. Happy to have him as your f**kpartner? LOL.

Good keep going on like his dirty whore. Some day you will think of us if you have a bit brains.

--------------------
No Name
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
adarshpatel
post Mar 12 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 272393

Hi,Victim,Nomadic,Swedishgirl,Shubhranshu,Crystalclear etc...
I was very interested to come across these postings,in fact I could hardly believe what I was reading,I still feel in shock. I too was hood winked by this man!!,I would rather keep my personal experience private as my emotions have been badly effected ever since my dealings with him 2 yeas ago. What I will say to the sceptics who are not taking the threat of him seriously PLEASE listen, this is VERY real.
I can relate directly in particular to what the first posting (user name-Victim)its very similar
to what happened to me! I was especially concerned to read that he is working for a Charity? where women and young girls are volunteering.This man is a professional groomer!! He has been trained by his family for years and years to perfect his skills,I was fed so so many lies by him.
I'm afraid to say I'm not an animal lover and neither is he!,when I saw dogs at his family home a couple of years ago I enquired why he had them, I was told he was keeping them just for money.
everything he does is purely motivated by money, he is not an emotional person at all.
In reply to a particularly angry post made on the 2nd March - I would say....Yes Sri Lanka has an extremely high poverty level,and for many people its hard to endure, but this is NO excuse for what Anton Fernando has done...In fact most Sri Lankans are very hard working,honest and trustworthy people. Many make good money each year from tourism. Scams and grooming are not acceptable at all .They should certainly not be excused. The Fernando family has a shop on Lewis Place (a busy very touristy road in Negombo) and at least 2 family mini buses. most tour guides do not even have a shop let alone their own transport!. trust me there is no reason for him to be doing this, other than pure unadulterated evil,greed,and lust for money by ANY means possible.
No one should be put off traveling to Negombo due to reading this or any of the previous posts. elaborate well planned Scams like this are rare.
People should continue to visit Negombo is a nice place, ideal for those who want quick access to and from the airport,it also has Fine sandy beaches, mostly unexplored, but for diving and snorkeling go to the south of the island.
My thoughts are with all the women who have suffered at the hands of Anton Fernando.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sharah2010
post Sep 28 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 385311

Not only Foreigners...

I got locked in a hotel in Colombo. Allmost a similar case. This has happened in Aug 2009. Police and Hotel management do not take a single action. I then try complied to the hotel's internationlal headoffice. But I have little hope. Int'l managemant says the law in SL basically does not save foreigners.
Wish I am alive and never there in my life. Do not beleive the travel agents talks.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dutchadam
post Jan 1 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 620671

Hi swidischgirl,
Can you put some photos on. I might have met him last week. Does he do kiteboarding and other watersports? Does his friend ride a tuk tuk of has a driving school?

QUOTE(swedishgirl @ Jan 27 2009, 04:31 AM) *

Hey,

I just wanna say that a good friend of mine just came back from Negombo and also met a guy named Anton Fernando, its the same guy that other girl is talking about. Im so in shock by reading this all. My best friend was so in love with this guy but found out that he was just using her for money and sex. She found out some more details about this guy that there were many girls in the past used by him. He is employed by english animal group haaaw or haaw who believe in him, their female volunteers at huge risk. Also people in the street are talking about this Anton guy. I feel very sad for my best friend. I just wanna help her, maybe i can do something for her and will inform the European missions in Colombo too. I also have some pictures and wanna put in here so people will recognize him.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
victim
post Jan 13 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 54465

Hello ppl,

If u wanna put pictures then plz do. It will help other women.

Just google the name Anton Fernando Negombo and u will see also pictures of him in other travelsites. There are so many women fooled by him.

Happy 2010!!! Hope this guy will be punished some day.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
christyanna
post Mar 28 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 877171

Hi, I just joined this forum. I was so surprised to hear the information on this Anton Fernando.

I met a guy at the beginning of March. His name is Anton Christy Fernando. He is 29 and does professional watersports; kitesurfing, windsurfing and wakeboarding.

Well, I've been back to see him last week and will probably go again this weekend.

We are "officially" a couple now. I have to be honest and say that I have trust issues and in a situation like this (we are in different countries and apart) it makes me worry somewhat.

He has never asked me for anything and treats me right. I met his family and have been back to see them a few times.

I know for sure this Christy is not the same (dangerous) guy other people on this post are talking about but if you have information you believe I should know, please tell me as I WOULD DO THE SAME!

Thanks so much...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
maldivestagent
post Mar 29 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #12

Voyager

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 192295

The name Anton Fernando is quite popular in Sri Lanka is quite a popular name.....

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ppjl
post Nov 6 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1452331

QUOTE(christyanna @ Mar 28 2010, 02:57 AM) *

Hi, I just joined this forum. I was so surprised to hear the information on this Anton Fernando.

I met a guy at the beginning of March. His name is Anton Christy Fernando. He is 29 and does professional watersports; kitesurfing, windsurfing and wakeboarding.

Well, I've been back to see him last week and will probably go again this weekend.

We are "officially" a couple now. I have to be honest and say that I have trust issues and in a situation like this (we are in different countries and apart) it makes me worry somewhat.

He has never asked me for anything and treats me right. I met his family and have been back to see them a few times.

I know for sure this Christy is not the same (dangerous) guy other people on this post are talking about but if you have information you believe I should know, please tell me as I WOULD DO THE SAME!

Thanks so much...
[color=#6666CC]no this isn't the same guy - but the Anton they are all talking about is actually a lovely guy yes a bit of a rogue but he is trustworthy now married to a sri lankan and very happy.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ppjl
post Nov 6 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1452331

QUOTE(ppjl @ Nov 6 2010, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(christyanna @ Mar 28 2010, 02:57 AM) *

Thanks so much...
[color=#6666CC]no this isn't the same guy - but the Anton they are all talking about is actually a lovely guy yes a bit of a rogue but he is trustworthy now married to a sri lankan and very happy. As for Christy he is a liar and don't trust him.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
antonfernando
post Mar 28 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2768323

Hi my name is Anton Fernando and I live in Negombo (and I am not the guy these women are talking about) I am writing this on behalf of all Anton Fernandos in Negombo who are adversely affected by this post. If you have ever been to Negombo you will see 1/10 guys have the name Anton and 1/10 have the last name Fernando. Whoever posted this post should have written the full name of this criminal instead of funishing all Anton Fernandos. Sadly when I search my name in Google this post comes out and it is very unfair to me and the rest of those Anton Fernandos except for one filthy animal.

Also I want to tell these women that Sri Lanka is a beautiful island with a 2500 year long rich civilization. Unlike Europians most of us do not sleep with strangers you meet on the road and we have one husband for one wife for a lifetime. If you come here to have sex with local boys, for God's sake please go somewhere else !! There are lots of other places in the world that sell their souls for money. We do not want your money.
If you fell in to a trap laid by one of these villians you are equally responisble for your act. It is funny you shout at the whole world as if you did not do anything wrong. Life is not sex after all and one day you will surely have to regret !!
This post is not applied to the decent tourists who come to see the beauty of Sri Lanka.
Those blessed souls are more than welcome and God bless you.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lmgirl
post Sep 22 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 3268973

hi
i think i know this guy if i'm not wrong he is wearing a arm band with colour of red,yellow and green,and he tried do same here, but fortunately i didn't give him any space because one of my friend who had been in sri lanaka for one year told me how recognize sri lankan people from there out fits,
But i got a worse experiences from another small boy,fist i consider them as nice people and his mother has a small guest house in the road we reach to beach and his uncle also lives very close,
he doesn't have a father may be never had,this guy also very clever to act like a nice guy,if i'm not wrong he is not older than 19,and his mother pretends to be a mother to us also but after some time these two guys restrict my out goings and wherever i go that lady sends her son after me and one day i came out without there permission and that night i was scolded and threatened not go out and they took my passport
next day morning that lady came and ask 1000$ and i said no then she went some where by her scooter and i ask my passport from the boy but he refused
there upon he came to my room and pretend to that he loves me and he put me to the bed and tried to sex with me, i said no but he just pushed me in the bed and assaulted and kiss me and i shouted as much as i can and he ran away from the room
I came out and ran to the road then his uncle came after me and beg me not got police and he gave my passport and then i came to galle road and stay in bus stop with out my baggage,there is a massage center next to this house,massage center employers came to me and said this boy is like this all the time and this is 11 time and his mother is helping and they took my bag out and drop me to the bus
i didn't go to the police because he is very small boy but now i think i did a wrong thing
He is around 5'10'' tiny and dark skin with little grown hair always wearing a skinny he said his name Lohan,but i think it is a lie,and this place in the road towards to see side just before cost guard station,left side big garden,in one side massage center and other side small shop with cloths

LM
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aladam888
post Sep 24 2012, 06:13 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 3227513

Thanks for the warning, had heard about this particular guy myself while i was searching through diffrent tour operators for my Holiday trip. Looks like the rumors were true!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
september
post Sep 5 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4231583

SPREAD YOUR LEGS "WHITE GIRLS" AND "BOYS" YOU ARE ALL STUPID -
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:18 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Sri Lanka

Ahangama Hotels
Ahungalla Hotels
Aluthgama Hotels
Anuradhapura Hotels
Bandarawela Hotels
Belihuloya Hotels
Bentota Hotels
Beruwela Hotels
Buttala Hotels
Colombo Hotels
Dambulla Hotels
Deniyaya Hotels
Dikwella Hotels
Ella Hotels
Galle Hotels
Habarana Hotels
Haputale Hotels
Hikkaduwa Hotels
Induruwa Hotels
Jaffna Hotels
Kalutara Hotels
Kandalama Hotels
Kandy Hotels
Kitulgala Hotels
Kosgoda Hotels
Marawila Hotels
Matara Hotels
Mount Lavinia Hotels
Negombo Hotels
Nuwara Eliya Hotels
Polonnaruwa Hotels
Pottuvil Hotels
Sigiriya Hotels
Tangalla Hotels
Tissamaharama Hotels
Unawatuna Hotels
Wadduwa Hotels
Waikkal Hotels
Weligama Hotels
Yatiyana Minuwangoda Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.