Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So yer Canadian, EH?, Question of the Month
mizliz
post Sep 24 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #101

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8238

"Now back to the matter at hand. One that the majority of us have been following along"

What I posted earlier isn't the matter at hand?

Pardon me, I guess it's not OK for a newcomer to step into the middle of a thread to state his/her impressions...well OK, not very welcoming or friendly, I must say.

Actually, Unc could have easily just told me why he says he hates Canadians instead of posting what he did.

And now I'm outta here. Bye bye.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 25 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #102

Planet Pioneer

Member No.: 226

Liz, don't go. Because I am a nice guy and not a jerk, here is a rundown of this post. A Channuck started by saying what makes you a Channuck. Blah, blah, blah, maple syrup, blah, blah, blah, maple leaf, blah, blah, blah something else. It then moved onto that certain people had never met a bad Channuck when travelling. As I have done a little bit of travelling in my time, I pointed out that I had met some Channucks I don't like, but I have met people from many countries I don't like. Also, I have called Canucks Channucks for years. Always have, always will do. Maybe you don't like that, but you are the only one complaining here. They can all see the joke in this, but you don't. Do you know what a joke is. Let me show you one

Why did the chicken sit on an axe
Because he wanted a hatchet

Hahahaha. This is what we do when we find a joke funny. We laugh.

Now, if you do have a problem with me, please look for whereshegoes, and make the complaint to her, because she runs these forums. She to is a Channuck, who has no problems with me.

My final piece to you is, Wakingdream, another Channuck, told you that I am actually very helpful. Do a search for me, and you will see that. But, if you are ever in London, I would be willing to show you around, because that is what I do

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 25 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #103

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 24 2006, 06:18 PM) *

Isn't it funny, the olive branch of friendship is being handed out towards me, but not only that, my offer, without it going on Ebay, is going to be taken up by a Channuck !!! Oh Wakingdream, are you a closet stalker? I could be scared, but being the open person that I am, I offer a free not go directly to jail card and miss out on the $200 as you pass go, but if you need this tour someone who has called London home for a while, I am willing to give you my hand in friendship. All you need to do is PM me and pass your details and when you are going to be here and I will help you see whatever you want to see. Trust me, St Pauls, is oh so beautiful. My favourite building in this country, and if we do go, I will take you up to the whispering wall, and whisper the secrets that you so long to hear. Why I don't like Channucks !!!

Seriously though, I do know my London, and the offer is out there to the people in this forum. This post is about, well maybe I changed it, but about my dislike of the Channuck, but I am willing to be changed, and if Wakingdream is willing to give it a go, and I know that my hero here, Carm, is also thinking about it, so, if you Channucks can trust a dodgy Aunti in mens clothing, I am your man

But remember this, until the olive branch is passed, things won't change. I will always fight this all Channucks are good crap

One last thing. if I do meet up with you Wakingdream, I will buy you that Beer Lao, and I will send a story of our meeting and I will also post here telling all of our meeting. So, for the sake of all the Channucks in Channucksville, if it does happen, I hope you are on your best behaviour, because you will be representing a country, be it English or French speaking.

If I were closet stalker Anti D, I would not stalk someone as opinionated as yourself, b/c then all I would hear were your opinions! Now that's no fun is it? Wait, don't answer that or I'll just be continuously subjected to your opinions! You are calling me out to fill some pretty big shoes, but, on behalf of Canada I am confident that I can show you the ways of the Canuck, and then finally you might admit to everyone here, especially all the Canucks that yes, it does infact appear that we are all nice! Oh! Does the Whispering Wall echo words of bull&%#@??? If not, you are so out of luck in sharing your secret! Seriously tho, I will be looking forward to a cold Beer Laos. Mmmmm. And thx for all the other tips in the London post. Maybe you are likeable afterall!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mizliz
post Sep 26 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #104

Explorer

Member No.: 8238

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 25 2006, 01:02 PM) *

Liz, don't go. Because I am a nice guy and not a jerk, here is a rundown of this post. A Channuck started by saying what makes you a Channuck. Blah, blah, blah, maple syrup, blah, blah, blah, maple leaf, blah, blah, blah something else. It then moved onto that certain people had never met a bad Channuck when travelling. As I have done a little bit of travelling in my time, I pointed out that I had met some Channucks I don't like, but I have met people from many countries I don't like. Also, I have called Canucks Channucks for years. Always have, always will do. Maybe you don't like that, but you are the only one complaining here. They can all see the joke in this, but you don't. Do you know what a joke is. Let me show you one

Because he wanted a hatchet

Hahahaha. This is what we do when we find a joke funny. We laugh.

Now, if you do have a problem with me, please look for whereshegoes, and make the complaint to her, because she runs these forums. She to is a Channuck, who has no problems with me.

My final piece to you is, Wakingdream, another Channuck, told you that I am actually very helpful. Do a search for me, and you will see that. But, if you are ever in London, I would be willing to show you around, because that is what I do

Well....maybe you are sorta nice sometimes Unc. At least you explained why you are gunning for Canadians, although that doesn't seem to be much of a reason.

Canadians are well known for being nice, mostly meaning polite. We are often too polite for our own good, but we are no more perfect than anyone else is. I am nice too, until it comes to someone like you saying they hate Canadians, and then the old Irish temper gets the best of me.

I really do enjoy meeting Aussies and have met many while travelling. To a person they were helpful, kind, and lots of fun.

"Do you know what a joke is. Let me show you one

Because he wanted a hatchet"

Oh yes, I have a great sense of humour, but do you? That is a terrible joke. sleeping_03anim.gif

I love London and would really like to have you show me around there, but unfortunately I won't be travelling again due to health reasons. Bad luck for me.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 26 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #105

Planet Pioneer

Liz, currently, I am known as the Anti Davros, and this post sums it up. Why sit here and be the same. Why be a sheep. I love Channucks, everyone is saying, I am just posting my opinion, that not all are nice. As I wrote in this post a long, long, long time ago, where is this country called French Canadia??? And I don't want to hear about the Quebecians and stuff like that, we are just going over old ground.

Have you never sat there and said, in a time of madness, I hate that thing? Yes, hate is a harsh word, but as I explained to you before, you are the only one getting upset. No other Channuck bothers about it. They throw lines back at me. If you did read, you would notice Whereshegoes, Jessica CDN or the latest one trying to wind me up, Wakingdream. But at the end of the day, it is all in fun. And in all things anti, I do actually like some Canadians out there. In fact, I actually have some very good friends that I have met in my travels, so don't take it to heart when I say hate, it is just a wind up.

I do know what a joke is, and I threw that one at you because it was so terrible.

Now back to the Anti Davros matter. The wind up

And Wakingdream, you want a Beer Lao in London. Good luck finding one. Check my latest photo of me out. Hope it makes you jealous. Now where is Jessica when I need her so that I can offer her my services instead !!!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 26 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #106

Rolling Stone

The Quebecians! I like this term Anti D, makes them sound like they are off of Star Trek or something! Actually, they are referred to as Quebecois. I know you are sick of talking about them, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that you actually have something in common with them! They are anti as well! Well, about 49.5% of them anyway. Canadian is Canadian is Canadian, no matter where in Canada you are from! This "French" Canadian vs "English" Canadian is a crock. Nothing against Quebec, but good luck to you all if you separate. Now Anti D, who knew you were so sensitive?? Awwwww! Did I hurt your feelings? Now listen; you are going to tell me where to get a Beer Laos, aren't you? Holding back would be a terrible idea, especially holding back from a Beer Laos lover such as myself! NOT a very nice thing to do, is it?? You think I am a closet stalker now.................

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 26 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #107

Planet Pioneer

Wow, Wakingdream, bagging out her fellow Channucks. How unPC like of you. But it is good to see that you believe in the fact that you are all Channucks, be it French speaking or English speaking. I would love though to hear an English speaking one say, hi Im an English Canadian. We all have dreams !!!

I have noticed, that my PM box is empty, so obviously turning me down on the Anti Davros tour of London. I have also noticed another guy offering to show you. A couple of things stalker, as I drink from my bottle of beer, the label says Lao, not Laos. Beer Lao. And if I was to tell you where they were, the suburb, wven though they don't have suburbs here, so, be nice if you want to play, or the Anti davros will keep the Beer Lao away from you

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 26 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #108

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 26 2006, 12:04 PM) *

Wow, Wakingdream, bagging out her fellow Channucks. How unPC like of you. But it is good to see that you believe in the fact that you are all Channucks, be it French speaking or English speaking. I would love though to hear an English speaking one say, hi Im an English Canadian. We all have dreams !!!

I have noticed, that my PM box is empty, so obviously turning me down on the Anti Davros tour of London. I have also noticed another guy offering to show you. A couple of things stalker, as I drink from my bottle of beer, the label says Lao, not Laos. Beer Lao. And if I was to tell you where they were, the suburb, wven though they don't have suburbs here, so, be nice if you want to play, or the Anti davros will keep the Beer Lao away from you

Actually, I guess I am sort of bagging out some "French" Canadians, but they are not , or don't want to be known as just "Canadian" so I don't think of them in the same boat as Canucks, b/c that is not what the 49.5% of them want. personally i think it's a higher %. If we do end up meeting, I will have to remember to introduce myself as "English Canadian", at least for a good laugh. Or, I could conduct an experiment on your behalf. My entire trip, I will introduce myself as such, and post the responses, tho, I'm sure most people will think I am just plain weird! Well, it'll be good for a laugh anyhow! I have not turned you down for a tour at all. Did you get a PM saying "no thanks, but thanks"? Don't thiknk so. I just haven't got around to you yet. Seems to me as if you are quite open to having your mind changed. I think you secretly want this! Or are you revoking the offer?? That would not be very nice, but you are not Canadian, so maybe I shouldn't expect you to be so nice! Oh Anti D, you say tomato, and I say....... it's been awhile since my last Beer LAO, almost 2 years! As far as I know, both spellings are acceptable, just maybe not on the actual bottle. Um, maybe I should spell-check the hek out of this post so I don't have to take any more unecessary flak from you! If I do come all the way there and meet you, and you keep the Beer LAO away, then you will end up being my most UNfavourite uncle!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Sep 26 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #109

Commuter

Member No.: 519

mizliz,

Sorry you were so off-put by the thread here....Uncle D can be a little hard to grasp at first. However, I suggest you go through the earlier thread to get a feel for the ĻtoneĻof the thread...itīs mostly been meant tongue in cheek!

Itīs true though...I think we all need to fight the stereotypes of cultures and countries...for better or for worse! I think that uncle D has done us all a service....challenging stereotypes!

Iīd love to hear your thoughts on stereotypes of Canadians and how you think they help or harm us!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 26 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #110

Planet Pioneer

Wakingdream, there is a rumour that you have already declined my offer and you are going to run off with a guy called Thellie !!! Your loss

Jessica, good to see that you agree with me but, I don't like the fact that people are agreeing with me, but if you have to, you have to

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Sep 26 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #111

Commuter

Member No.: 519

I canīt help it...Iīm Canadian....we tend to be agreeable.

haha.

Maybe thatīs what you hate about us so much??! No one to argue with!!

youīre so contrary, uncleD!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 26 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #112

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 26 2006, 03:23 PM) *

Wakingdream, there is a rumour that you have already declined my offer and you are going to run off with a guy called Thellie !!! Your loss

Jessica, good to see that you agree with me but, I don't like the fact that people are agreeing with me, but if you have to, you have to

Uncle D, how old are you? Listening to rumours!! Besides, tho thellie seems like a great guy, I don't think my husband would appreciate that very much! It seems as tho you are trying to get out of your offer?? Scared of the Canuck??

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 26 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #113

Planet Pioneer

You are married !!!!! Teasing poor, poor Thellie. When are you going to break the news to him. Anyway, I'm never scared of a Channuck because I hold the power

BEER LAO

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 26 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #114

Planet Pioneer

By the way, does you husband know you speak to Evil Uncles in the forums?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 27 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #115

Rolling Stone

Oh Anti, yes, I am hitched, and I'm sure thellie was not holding his breath either! Now, the power of Beer Lao. Is this the A) power of forgetfulness, cool.gif the power of stumbling, C) the power of all your mumbo jumbo D) the power of your ranting and raving or E) all of the above? See, I'm a bit confused here. Please clear this up for me! What "power" are you referring to? Or does the Beer Lao allow you to deny the niceness of the Canuck b/c you are just not thinking straight?? Maybe you were full of the Beer Lao every time you met all these Canucks you say are not all nice??Now, this would make alot of sense to me! Have another Beer Lao and contemplate this....

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 27 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #116

Planet Pioneer

QUOTE(Jessica_CDN @ Sep 26 2006, 02:26 PM) *

haha.

Oh I hate you all because I just do. In fact, lets be realistic, I hate everybody, because when you are the Anti, you have to be anti everything!

And as for you Wakingdream. Before you went on and on what the Channucks have invented. Good on ya. I don't need to boast about how good the countries are that I am associated with, but all you English Channucks should think about this. If it wasn't for England, you would all be speaking French

And as I write this, the Anti Davros, picks up his bottle of Beer Lao and has another sip !!!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 27 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #117

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 27 2006, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Jessica_CDN @ Sep 26 2006, 02:26 PM) *

haha.

Oh I hate you all because I just do. In fact, lets be realistic, I hate everybody, because when you are the Anti, you have to be anti everything!

And as for you Wakingdream. Before you went on and on what the Channucks have invented. Good on ya. I don't need to boast about how good the countries are that I am associated with, but all you English Channucks should think about this. If it wasn't for England, you would all be speaking French

And as I write this, the Anti Davros, picks up his bottle of Beer Lao and has another sip !!!

Anti D, that was not boasting, just merely a wee bit of education for your sake, since it seems like you need it when it comes to Channucksville, which is, sorry, where on the map? Maybe I'm missing it?
And yes, english may have originated in England, but I'm pretty sure it was perfected in Canada! Yes, that seems about right.
From a friend to a friend, I think you had better lay off that Beer Lao, it is making you sound bananas! See Scott, this is what Beer Lao does to you in large quantities! Do you really want to start sounding like Anti D? That may warrant an official boot from NZ!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 27 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #118

Planet Pioneer

Waking, that is nice. English was perfected in Canada. You sound as bad as a South African girl I once met for five minutes. She told me all about the countries in the world who speak English, and how crap you all were, and then I asked who spoke the best, and she said, "Why us, us South Africans". Personally, I think South Africans are very arrogant, and I have always found Channucks fairly laid back, but not as laid back as us in Aus, but Wakingdream, the way you speak of the English language in Channucksville, you are starting to sound like one of those South Africans. If this is the case, I will run away and you will never see me in here again.

Go on, do it. I dare you to

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 27 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #119

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(wakingdream @ Sep 28 2006, 05:29 AM) *

And yes, english may have originated in England, but I'm pretty sure it was perfected in Canada! Yes, that seems about right.

From a friend to a friend, I think you had better lay off that Beer Lao, it is making you sound bananas! See Scott, this is what Beer Lao does to you in large quantities! Do you really want to start sounding like Anti D? That may warrant an official boot from NZ!

Perfected eh? No doobt aboot it!

I wouldn't do anything to get the boot from NZ. Then again, I'll be holding my Beer Lao's better than banana boy. You know, I don't think I could ever sound as 'Anti' as that D fella. Will someone gimme a Beer Lao!

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 27 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #120

Rolling Stone

Hahaha!! That's funny! Okay, I may have been stretching the truth their, I'll admit it, but we do speak some pretty darn good english over here!! With the non-accent accent, minus the east coasters buy!
Give the poor boy a Beer Lao already!!!!!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 07:14 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.