Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disney World "line rage"!
starlagurl
post Mar 25 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Isn't this supposed to be the "happiest place on earth"?

Arg, I guess you get all kinds of people waiting in line at the tea cups...This lady started choking another lady who she accused of cutting in line...my oh my...

Find the story at FOX News.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Mar 25 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

wink.gif Eeks. Lump it all in with crazy soccer moms and raging hockey dads. Do we really NEED to remmeber that it's all suppose to be FUN for the kids?

My folks always had a thing for Florida and took us for many years when we were small. I DO remember some long lines but no one pummeling anyone else. It's kind of like road rage at Disney land but it's line rage. Jeesh. Get a grip psychos.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 25 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

How many times have you been? My parents love it too. I've been a grand total of four times... I think that's a little excessive

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Mar 25 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Mar 25 2008, 01:14 PM) *

How many times have you been? My parents love it too. I've been a grand total of four times... I think that's a little excessive

Oh man,I don't really want to say! Okay, well, Florida more than ten (but certain parts are really nice), Disney world or land or whatever, um, prolly about yeah, four or five. You can only go so many times! I remember really loving Small World and all the freaky singing dancing dolls, and my faves: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Thunder Mountain. Whooooa. I'm having flashbacks!

I think it can be fun for kids but if it's as insane (and expensive) as it sounds like it's gotten, I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather take my kids out in the bush somewhere camping and canoing or something. Away from throat-throttling psycho-moms.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 25 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Wow they are even crazier than my parents! Holy Schniekies... Yeah if I ever had (adopted) kids, I would not take them either.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Mar 25 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Mar 25 2008, 01:24 PM) *

Wow they are even crazier than my parents! Holy Schniekies... Yeah if I ever had (adopted) kids, I would not take them either.

Yeah, it's weird, they love Florida and they also love northern Ontario cottage country. Well, they're just weird. i've known this all along.....

WHY are people going so insane with rage? What's the underlying problem here? I mean, when you start to flip out about standing in line or driving along the road, there's definetly something a little wonky going on in your head. is it that we're such a world of conveniences now, well some places anyway, that we can't stand it if we're inconvenienced in any way? I just don't get it.

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 25 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Rolling Stone

Yeah, that would be my analysis as well...

Also the "customer is always right" phenomenon has thoroughly permeated the North American psyche... Like, "I paid to be here, so I deserve service RIGHT NOW"

I had a roommate in university actually KICK MY FRIENDS out of my room because she "paid to be here" and they didn't...

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
raniroo
post Apr 21 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #8

Sightseer

Member No.: 19411

I have been to Disney Cali 3 times and Disney Paris once...I was planning a two week extravaganza at Orlando during one of their quieter times but that has been shelved at the moment for other reasons.

I am a huge Disneyland fan.....the thing is, everyone has paid to be there, patience is needed, enjoy your holiday....places like this are always going to be crowded...

--------------------
If you really look like your passport photo, you need the holiday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post Apr 21 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #9

Navigator

Member No.: 13816

OK, I'm a total Disney fan. Been to Disneyland/DCA too many times to count because I've had annual passes. Also been to the Disney parks in Tokyo, Paris, and Florida.

I hate the lines, I hate the people, the crowds--always have tried to go off season whenever possible. But all I would say to that crazy lady in the Teacup line is this:

"Listen here you crazy b***, this is freakin' DISNEYWORLD what do you EXPECT??????" Although, I admit, I don't let people cut in front of me, but I don't choke people either!

Crazy people.

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 11:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.