Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biking in Rome?, Where to possibly buy a bike
ilchicag
post Oct 1 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60662
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hey all,

I'm going to Rome for the first time this December/New Years, and I've been reading about the benefits of biking around Rome. I know you can rent bikes, but I am wondering if it'd be more economical to buy a bike while there. Does anyone have an opinion on this, even as far as if this is a good idea/where you can buy bikes/how much they cost. Thanks! flowers.png
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 1 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

How long will you be in Rome? Since you can rent bikes from about 8-13 euros/day, it could get expensive if you're going to be there for awhile.

I found this from Outside; Buying a Bike in Rome So it seems they can be bought for 20-30% less then the US depending on exchange.

Hope that helps a bit. I couldn't find any other useful info.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
flewthecoop
post Nov 15 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Expeditionist

Group: Members
Member No.: 70360
Nominate me as a Local Expert

We were in Rome last month. Bikes, cars, motorcycles are only for the brave. There are two kinds of streets in Rome: the ones full of fast traffic and traffic lights, and the narrow cobblestone streets where you have to dodge the parked cars, motorcycles and the people walking. On the busy, paved streets, the traffic is fast and unpredictable. Not to scare you too much, but we saw the aftereffects of a motorcyclist who was hit by a car in the middle of a busy street. It was not pretty.

We found we could walk everywhere. From the Castel St. Angeli or the Vatican, it is about a 50 minute walk across town to Termini Station, with lots of incredible buildings, ruins, churches all along the way. Public transportation--the metro and the buses-- is also a good option. They are cheap and relatively easy to figure out.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:07 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.