Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brazilian Grand Prix
calmyourjets
post Apr 2 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 274698
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi,

I'm considering getting tickets for the Brazilian Grand Prix in October but noticed that there is a huge difference in price between section G and the other areas of the track. As I'm travelling on a budget I'm tempted to go for the cheapest tickets but wondered if anyone had any advice? blink.gif

Is section g suitable for tourists? I see from the ticket sites that it's not covered but haven't really seen any other explanation for the huge price difference.

Many thanks

flowers.png
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 2 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I guess the more expensive tickets would probably be closer to the finish line, n'est pas?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Apr 2 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Hey Big Red Truck! Can you find anything about this from Tres Lagoas. It's at Interlagos.
Anyway, don't worry about Section G. The web site shows it is now sold out. The web site gives pretty good descriptions of each sector.
http://www.gpbrasil.com/?lang=EN&page=tickets

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 2 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Apr 2 2009, 05:48 PM) *

Hey Big Red Truck! Can you find anything about this from Tres Lagoas. It's at Interlagos.
Anyway, don't worry about Section G. The web site shows it is now sold out. The web site gives pretty good descriptions of each sector.
http://www.gpbrasil.com/?lang=EN&page=tickets

Let me check into it with some of the guys from work...I'll let ya'll know soon.

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 2 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #5

Pathfinder

Ok Calm...got some info for you.

After talking with some of the guys who went last year, they recommend sitting at the Senna curve (See the map), which would be Sector D or Sector E. Both of these are covered grandstands, which they said is quite necessary if it ends up being a sunny day.

Sector D is one of the more exciting spots on the track and is closer to the track in the curves than any other spot. Also you get a good view of the Start/Finish straight. I don't know if Sector D has video screens that can be easily seen so you can see the rest of the racetrack too. You should contact them to ask about that.

Sector E also has a good view of the Senna curve towards the end and has a good view of the "Curva do Sol" and the beginning of the back straight. Sector E also gets a buffet lunch served. Sector E definitely has a large video screen and smaller TVs so you can keep track of the rest of the race.

So then you've got to decide, do you want to be that much closer to the action? Or do not mind being a little farther away and food is included? frantics.gif

If you've got any specific questions, let me know and I'll find out what I can for you.

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 3 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Wow, what a hard working guy! Thanks so much for all that personal info, that's great.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 4 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #7

Pathfinder

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Apr 3 2009, 10:45 AM) *

Wow, what a hard working guy! Thanks so much for all that personal info, that's great.

All I had to do was write it down...the guys here at work are the ones who did the "research" at the track wink.gif

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
calmyourjets
post Apr 4 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Thanks for all that info big_red_truck, very helpful pointers. Unfortunately sections D and E are definitely out of my budget. sad.gif I had been looking at sections M or F if G isn't suitable for tourists but they are still a fair bit more expensive. However if they offer a better view and are more safe then I'll just need to decide whether to go for it or not...decisions, decisions!!

There is a site still selling section g tickets (http://www.bookf1.com/brazilian-formula-1-grand-prix-112/tickets.htm) so I'd still be interested in any information possible about that section if your friends have any feedback.

Many thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 5 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Pathfinder

Alright...talked with some of the other guys last night, one whose been to Interlagos five times.

He said that he wouldn't recommend for anyone to sit in Sector G because it is not covered.

He also doesn't recommend Sector M because it's quite boring. The only real action you see is the start/finish...otherwise, the cars are zipping past you so you only get to see them for 2 seconds. Unless the Pit Row really floats your boat, he said to avoid Sector M.

Sector F is what he would pick out of these options. You get the covered grandstand, and you can still see the Senna curve (he's all about the Senna curve, that's where "all the good action happens")

And on safety, the guys I talked to didn't mention anything about safety being an issue...but the Brasilian guy wouldn't have to worry...and the Finnish guys only ever sat in the E section, which has its own security force (Sections G, M, and F don't have a separate security force, so there aren't as many guards there)

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
calmyourjets
post Apr 5 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #10

Thank you very much for all that detailed info (thanks to the guys at your work too!!) and for how quickly you've responded.

I'm not fussed about the pit lane action and only seeing the cars for a few seconds so if the Senna curve's the place to be i'll go for section F.

Thanks again
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 5 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #11

Pathfinder

You are welcome. Hope you enjoy yourself when you get here. And make sure to blog about it and post pics!

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:07 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.