Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why people stay away from the USA
laorfamily
post Jul 23 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #101

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30320

QUOTE(visor2040 @ Apr 23 2010, 03:21 PM) *

No and no. The police are patient. They would expect you to make a mistake (like drinking in public) and they'd ask you for money to not take you in.

So what you're saying is that I will be picked up by the police because I'm a white US citizen.

By the way, even though I'm on the other side of the border Ii like to keep myself aware of international news and you are obviously and intelligent person - that being said, don't believe all what Calderon says. He is blaming the "consumption" on his inability to control the drug traffickers.

Sure consumption is a reason, but certainly not a cause. By the way, we get the same BS from our administration when it comes to domestic issues.

--------------------
Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Going Down South to North Carolina
Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
visor2040
post Jul 23 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #102

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 265452
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(laorfamily @ Jul 23 2010, 09:24 AM) *

So what you're saying is that I will be picked up by the police because I'm a white US citizen.

By the way, even though I'm on the other side of the border Ii like to keep myself aware of international news and you are obviously and intelligent person - that being said, don't believe all what Calderon says. He is blaming the "consumption" on his inability to control the drug traffickers.

Sure consumption is a reason, but certainly not a cause. By the way, we get the same BS from our administration when it comes to domestic issues.

You will be picked up for braking the law, you'd be extorted because you are from the US and you probably have dollars with you. It's not about race, we have white people here too.

And no, Calderon blames your liberal policies on guns and consumption. A smart person blames your consumption and prohibition (specially the prohibition but that's not going away anytime soon :/).

Go ahead, build a wall that would dwarf the Berlin and Israel walls on your southern border. How long would it be before drugs start entering the US from Canada and from the coast?

Anyway, this whole thing is offtopic.gif . All the law is doing is give me even more reasons to not even bother trying to apply for an American visa and just save and visit Europe even when I'd love to see the USA one more time (went to Atlanta for a basketball game when I was 10).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
laorfamily
post Jul 23 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #103

Vagabond

Member No.: 30320

LOL, I'd love to hear Calderon's BS about guns and consumption, I can't believe people fall for that.

The people who want to build the wall are idiots and are not taken seriously in the US - so ease your mind, it's not going to happen. Walls have proven their ineffectiveness as you pointed out.

By the way, there are plenty of drugs coming in through the East Coast, huge amounts which probably equal to or surpasses of the amount of drugs entering from Mexico.

--------------------
Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Going Down South to North Carolina
Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jul 25 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #104

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Is the drug problem due to consumption or production? If we could control consumption, surely the drug problem would fade away. What we are admitting is that we can't control our own population, and are therefore are passing the problem back the the producers and distributors. Remember prohibition in the 20s? We tried to control our population, as well as the distribution, and failed dismally. Obviously we could not control the production. Should we have bombed the Scotch refineries in Speyside as we napalm the coca fields in Bolivia? Whiskey was legal in Scotland, as is coca legal in Bolivia.

We have made incredible strides in the control of smoking tobacco. Why can't we do the same with drugs?

We have a drug problem in the USA and Europe and we can't just shift the blame overseas. It's our fault that this trade exists, so we must either stop consumption (or legalize it).

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
flipflops
post Nov 24 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #105

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1486151
Nominate me as a Local Expert

i dont think a bad economy would put people off visiting, tourists would gain from this- falling prices buisnesses offering discounts etc. But tht hassel that is going through security comming into America does put people off. Being treated like a criminal is not a great start to a vacation.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:17 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.