Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Go to Bethlehem, get free candy
starlagurl
post Dec 20 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

As violence calms in the area, Israeli tourism officials are so happy that tourists are coming back to the area, they are handing out candy to travelers who cross from Israel into Palestinian-controlled Bethlehem.

http://travel.canoe.ca/Travel/News/2007/12...4730648-ap.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nomad0421
post Nov 24 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 532911
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I a few months ago I travelled to the West Bank as a lone female tourist and would like to recommend the amazing driver/guide I used throughout my trip...He was totally trustworthy, spoke good English and I felt completely safe with him. He was based in Bethlehem and took me to Ramallah, Nablus, Hebron, the Dead Sea, Marsaba, Nebi Musa and Jericho. He also took me back to the Allenby Bridge crossing point when I was returning to Jordan at the end of my trip.. He was knowledgeable about the history and stories behind each place so I didn't need to employ a guide because he was my guide.

His name is Khalid his number is +972 522244225, local dialing 522244225. Email address is hiddentreasuretours@gmail.com I would definitely use his services again if I ever return to the West Bank. He was really reliable and even invited me to his house for tea when I was in Bethlehem! His family were the most hospitable people I have ever met, his wife and children were so welcoming towards me when I visited their house and I got a great insight into traditional Palestinian hospitality. I have been travelling back and forth to the West Bank for quite a few years now but Khalid was by far the best and most helpful guide I have ever encountered...Nothing was too much trouble for him.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
officielle
post Dec 9 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 566651

QUOTE(nomad0421 @ Nov 24 2009, 12:01 PM) *

I a few months ago I travelled to the West Bank as a lone female tourist and would like to recommend the amazing driver/guide I used throughout my trip...He was totally trustworthy, spoke good English and I felt completely safe with him. He was based in Bethlehem and took me to Ramallah, Nablus, Hebron, the Dead Sea, Marsaba, Nebi Musa and Jericho. He also took me back to the Allenby Bridge crossing point when I was returning to Jordan at the end of my trip.. He was knowledgeable about the history and stories behind each place so I didn't need to employ a guide because he was my guide.

His name is Khalid his number is +972 522244225, local dialing 522244225. Email address is hiddentreasuretours@gmail.com I would definitely use his services again if I ever return to the West Bank. He was really reliable and even invited me to his house for tea when I was in Bethlehem! His family were the most hospitable people I have ever met, his wife and children were so welcoming towards me when I visited their house and I got a great insight into traditional Palestinian hospitality. I have been travelling back and forth to the West Bank for quite a few years now but Khalid was by far the best and most helpful guide I have ever encountered...Nothing was too much trouble for him.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
officielle
post Dec 9 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(nomad0421 @ Nov 24 2009, 12:01 PM) *

Hello,
I am
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
officielle
post Dec 9 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #5

Hello,
I am new on TravelPod.
I will be in Israel in December and January.
All my two weeks will be spent in Jerusalem with day trips to the different regions and to the West Bank and, I hope, a very short visit to Petra.
Although I know pretty well where I will go and what I want to see, if someone could give me feedback, ideas, helpful tips, I would appreciate.
Thank you.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:03 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Israel

Acre Hotels
Arad Hotels
Aravot Hajarden Hotels
Ashdod Hotels
Ashkelon Hotels
Bat Yam Hotels
Beersheba Hotels
Caesarea Hotels
Dor Hotels
Eilat Hotels
Ein Bokek Hotels
Ein Gedi Hotels
Ein Kerem Hotels
Ginosar Hotels
Hafetz Hayim Hotels
Haifa Hotels
Herzlia Hotels
Hevel Eilot Hotels
Hof Carmel Hotels
Jaffa Hotels
Jerusalem Hotels
Jordan Valley Hotels
Kfar Blum Hotels
Kfar Giladi Hotels
Manot Hotels
Mizpe Ramon Hotels
Nahariya Hotels
Nazareth Hotels
Nes Ammim Hotels
Netanya Hotels
Neve Ativ Hotels
Ramat Gan Hotels
Rosh Pina Hotels
Safed Hotels
Shoresh Hotels
Tel Aviv Hotels
Tiberias Hotels
Vered Hagalil Hotels
Yesod Hamaala Hotels
Zichron Yaakov Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.