Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone going to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2009?, Calling all bikers
big_red_truck
post Jul 11 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

I'm about to purchase a motorcycle and my wife ok'ed me going to Sturgis. I'm going to try to meet up with a buddy of mine there. But are there any other Travelpodders planning to head to Sturgis Aug 1st - 9th?

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 15 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Where is this? South Dakota? If you would've told me earlier I totally would've been in.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Jul 15 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Yep, its in South Dakota...and I posted the question just a day or so after I figured that I could go...

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 16 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Ah well. Maybe next summer I will get me to a moto-rally.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Jul 20 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Pathfinder

Here's me and the new motorcycle....

IPB Image

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 21 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

Whoahhhhhhhhhhhh nice! How many CCs?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Jul 21 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #7

Pathfinder

QUOTE(starlagurl @ Jul 21 2009, 09:45 AM) *

Whoahhhhhhhhhhhh nice! How many CCs?

805....It's a 2001 Suzuki Volusia jump.gif

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 21 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #8

Rolling Stone

There's no spot for Jacqui on the back though!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Jul 21 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #9

Pathfinder

It's got a back seat and saddlebags, but I took those off for riding around near the house. And she's not going to ride with me until next year probably that way I can have plenty of time to get comfortable and learn how to ride.

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 21 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #10

Rolling Stone

Oh I see. I forgot you are a newbie.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lizwolf
post Jul 26 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 290424
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I am looking for a traveling buddy to go to Sturgis? Anyone from the great Northwest headed there? blink.gif Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Jul 26 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #12

Pathfinder

QUOTE(lizwolf @ Jul 26 2009, 07:21 PM) *

I am looking for a traveling buddy to go to Sturgis? Anyone from the great Northwest headed there? blink.gif Attached Image

Maybe see ya out there!

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Sep 21 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #13

Pathfinder

Member No.: 255321

So, how was Sturgis? I used to go every year. I miss my Harleys!!! They're in storage. I hope some day I can ship them to China.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Sep 22 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #14

Pathfinder

It was a great time. The entries for that trip with all my pictures and stuff starts here http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...35605/tpod.html

--------------------

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Sep 22 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #15

Rolling Stone

That looked AWESOME. It might be too far for me to go, but I'm super interested for next year's event.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.