Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> need advise for Sao paulo
kalpeshtejani
post Apr 5 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 274970
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Dear All

I will be travelling on business trip to Brazil next month. I will be have 1.5 days in Sao paulo on weekend to be tourist. Pl advise on things to do and where to shop and see things in Sao paulo. many thanks in advace for your reply.

Rgds

Kalpesh
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Apr 5 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #2

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30044

I was there in December, but just for a day and staying with friends. They took me in their car to the National Park which was really nice, and you could see the Sao Paolo city buildings from there. There is a main shopping street right in the city centre - I hope someone can help you with the name of it, as I'm afraid I've forgotten -- we drove down it, but didn't stop as it was quite hectic with preparations for New Years Eve.
The Metro system is great as well to get around. Sorry I can't be much more help, hope you have a good time

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Apr 5 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Goodness! That's a bit vague. Sao Paulo is one of the largest cities on earth. It may not be one of my favourite cities for tourism, but is sure has lots of things to do. You might want to check out the TripAdvisor popularity rating of things to do.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g..._Sao_Paulo.html

Also skim through these blogs to see what other Travelpodders did while they were there.
http://www.travelpod.com/s/sao+paulo

Rua Augusta is one of the best shopping streets in Sao Paulo. Perhaps that's the one kathryn77 was referring to.

Also I bet Big Red Truck will have some advice, as I'm sure Sao Paulo has been his weekend playground recently.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 5 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Apr 5 2009, 06:06 PM) *

...Also I bet Big Red Truck will have some advice, as I'm sure Sao Paulo has been his weekend playground recently.

Actually, I've only ever been to Sao Paulo for the airport. I keep telling myself that someday I will go there...but it never happens. And now that we're working 7d/wk, it won't happen this month. I can tell you where to stay in the airport (GRU) if you have a long layover. It's called Fast Sleep

Sorry I don't have more than that...

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ilovesp
post Jun 3 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 280843
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I realize this is too late, but perhaps it might help others who have only a few days in Sao Paulo.

You could hit the center (get off at the Republica stop) and take a walk to see all the street activity, then hop off and get to Consolacao to walk down Rua Augusta into Jardins to get a different stance of the city.

If you're in town over the weekend, the Benedito Calixto antiques fair is a great hangout spot, and it's within walking distance of boho Vila Madalena. I love the weekends in Sao Paulo -- there are always so many cultural activities going on that it's hard to pick which one to do.

Of course, no matter which evening it is, head out. Sao Paulo's nightlife teems with restaurants and clubs, all of which should be experienced.

Enjoy your time in the city!

----------------------------------------------------------
Total Sao Paulo: A Guide to the Unexpected

From hidden bars with $2.50 caipirinhas to the steamiest clubs, this authoritative and indispensable guidebook on Sao Paulo covers everything the independent traveler needs to know about Brazil's biggest, baddest cidade.

www.totalspguide.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:25 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.