Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Titop Island
tsetsgee
post Sep 19 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3099873
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I have seen some beautiful photos from titop island, but I cannot find much information about it. I would love to do the hike to the top. Any information about how long it takes and is it easy to get there??
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gerryw80
post Sep 20 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Wanderer

Member No.: 3229393

Calypso Cruise takes you to Titop Island. Yu could check it out. Your cruise trip can be tailored according to your preferences too
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tsetsgee
post Sep 24 2012, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3099873

QUOTE(gerryw80 @ Sep 20 2012, 07:02 AM) *

Calypso Cruise takes you to Titop Island. Yu could check it out. Your cruise trip can be tailored according to your preferences too

Are Calypso Cruise the one people who take you there. I have booked a cruise on a Junk boat but with different company. I am hoping they go there too otherwise might have to do a seperate trip
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kenny.pham
post Oct 10 2012, 05:13 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2430733

Dear Mr...

you can reading some of information from here !

Got its name from Ghermann Titov, a former Soviet Union hero, Ti Top Island displays a beach shaped like a crescent moon and sand that has been washed to a snowy white by the tide.

An interesting story...

In 1962, this tiny island had the honour of receiving a visit from astronaut Ghermann Titov, a hero of the former Soviet Union, accompanied by President Ho Chi Minh. To perpetuate the remembrance of their visit, Uncle Ho named the place Ti Top Island. It has now become an attractive beach for tourists and has various of tourist services.

Thirty-five years afterwards, in 1997, Ti Top returned to the island having his name. Deeply moved, he wrote in the souvenir book of the Management Board of Halong Bay: "My deepest thanks to destiny, which has allowed me to come back to this tiny island. It has become a beach attracting many visitors.

Then being an attractive island

Located about 14 km east from Bai Chay Wharf, Ti Top Beach takes the shape of a crescent encompassing the island. Small though it might be, it wins kudos for its quiet and airy atmosphere, as well as its alluring landscape.

The beach boasts pristine white sand, clear and blue water and small waves, which make it ideal for recreational activities like swimming and other sea sports. At present, there has a

Ti Top Beach
bar in the island which also provides swimming costumes, floats and lukewarm shower. Fresh water was carried to the island from inland. Swimming at Ti Top Beach is really enjoyable. After swimming, you can enjoy fresh sea food specialities in an ideal environment of immense sky and sunshine.

This beach is very beautiful and is well worth a visit to cool off when the heats starts to get to you. If you spend a day at the beach and elect to take a deckchair, you will be asked to buy either a baguette, some lovely pineapple or a drink, otherwise you will have to pay for the seat. During the full moon, you are able to wander around until late at night.

The island has become a popular tourist destination. On summer holidays, the famous beach of Ti Top Island cools off visitors heading to Quang Ninh Province and you will surely have a chance to join in an interesting journey to the natural wonder...

have a nice trip guy!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:27 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Vietnam

Ben Tre Hotels
Buon Ma Thuot Hotels
Can Tho Hotels
Cao Lahn Hotels
Cat Ba Hotels
Chau Doc Hotels
Da Nang Hotels
Dalat Hotels
Dien Bien Phu Hotels
Dong Ha Hotels
Dong Hoi Hotels
Duong To Hotels
Ha Tien Hotels
Haiphong Hotels
Halong Bay Hotels
Hanoi Hotels
Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
Hoi An Hotels
Hue Hotels
Khanh Hai Hotels
Kontum Hotels
Lai Chau Hotels
Lao Cai Hotels
Long Hai Hotels
Mui Ne Hotels
My Tho Hotels
Nha Trang Hotels
Ninh Binh Hotels
Ninh Phuoc Hotels
Phan Rang-Thap Cham Hotels
Phan Thiet Hotels
Quang Ngai Hotels
Quy Nhon Hotels
Rach Gia Hotels
Sapa Hotels
Soc Trang Hotels
Tuyen Quang Hotels
Vinh Long Hotels
Vung Tau Hotels
Yen Bai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.