Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelpod working off line?
bibka
post Dec 15 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3371333

Hi,
I was trying to write my text in travepod app for iPad while the device was off line as I was convinced that this app works in such conditions, too. Well, because I will be traveling abroad where internet connection will not be available all the time that option of inputing the text off line seem to me perfect. But now I feel confused, did I something wrong or is that option not available? blink.gif
Waiting for you reply. Thanks in advance.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Dec 15 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Yes you can input your data offline and it will sync with your account once you are in range of a connection to the internet.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bibka
post Dec 16 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #3

Drifter

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Dec 15 2012, 09:21 PM) *

Yes you can input your data offline and it will sync with your account once you are in range of a connection to the internet.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I was testing your reply and here is what I have found. I can only input data on my iPad offline if I'am signed in to travelpod app constantly. That means that if I'm signed out from app before and then try to sign in to app through mobile version and the device has no wifi connection, I get warning that "there is no internet connection" and I cannot open My blog. Just want to know if such procedure is correct ? flowers.png
Wish you nice day.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Dec 16 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

Hi there,
Once you are signed in on the mobile app, you can stay signed in and then use the app when there is no internet connection available. In other words, you can just sign in to the app once and then continue to use it in or out of wi-fi range. The app is designed to be used when there is no internet connection and to "sync" with the server the next time you use it in a wi-fi zone.
I hope this clears it up!
One thing to avoid is using the app and web versions simultaneously, as you could accidentally overwrite work on one or the other device. If this happens, we do try to catch that and send you the text that was overwritten.

Best regards,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bibka
post Dec 16 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Drifter

QUOTE(fraserc @ Dec 16 2012, 03:33 PM) *

Hi there,
Once you are signed in on the mobile app, you can stay signed in and then use the app when there is no internet connection available. In other words, you can just sign in to the app once and then continue to use it in or out of wi-fi range. The app is designed to be used when there is no internet connection and to "sync" with the server the next time you use it in a wi-fi zone.
I hope this clears it up!
One thing to avoid is using the app and web versions simultaneously, as you could accidentally overwrite work on one or the other device. If this happens, we do try to catch that and send you the text that was overwritten.

Best regards,
Fraser

Thank you. Your answer confirms my findings above. Before I have been convinced that I have to sign out from mobile version because the situation that you describe in your last part of the answer had happen to me. I'be carefull now flowers.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.