Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anyone have any information about the Gambia?
tamzyn
post Jan 9 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24691
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Iwill shortly be moving to the USA from the UK and before I do, I want to travel one last time. The flights to Africa from the states are just way too high and I've found a really cheap flight to the Gambia. I'll only be spending a week there but does anyone have any information about what there is to do? accommodation etc? I will be travelling on a buget so expensive hotels are a no no for me. Thanks smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Jan 10 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

Hey there! I've never personally been to Gambia, but have done a little reading on it. I also found one travelog about a week's cycle trip through which I didn't get a chance to go thoroughly through, but there may be info that would be useful to you.Gambia travelog

What were you hoping to do during your week there? There are some very lovely sandy and picturesque beaches if you just want to relax. There are a few wildlife parks with some pretty amazing animals to be seen; Abuko Nature Reserve and Kiang West Nt'l Park as well if your into wildlife. Banjul looks like a pretty major town for the area and is said to have cool markets and really inspiring architecture. You can also go upriver from Banjul, stopping at places like Juffure (said to be the homeland of Alex Haley, writer of the amazing book "Roots"), James Island, Tendaba and Wassau, which all seem very interesting. Well, check it out b/c it looks like a trip upriver could be very rewarding.
Hope that helps a little bit!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Jan 10 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #3

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

Haven't been but here is the CIAs World Factbook on where your going.

And another interesting site: Gambia There are some good answers here if you wanna do some reading.

Good luck!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gambian4u
post Dec 4 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 263228

Hello There, welcome..
You have made the brilliant choice to come to the Gambia as your first time to Africa, I am sure this trip will make you love Africa and Gambia in general very much.
I am a Gambian boy, by name Dawda Bojang at the age of 20 yrs old, I live in Brikama town with my family..
I am up here to make good friends and I saw your message here, I would be glad to be friends with you while I tell you more about the Gambia before your arrival and if you dont mind, we can be friends?
I have e-mail the address is
dawda5@hotmail.com
Hope to hear you soon.
Dawda.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ousboy2020
post Nov 20 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 523621

Hello everyone

I am Ousman from Gambia I am lot of information about my country if anyone love to know it you can let me know and I will tell you more about Gambia I am from there and I am living there with my family!!!!!!!!!
I will be so happy if I am giving information about my country. I hope you will all like it so much I wish I see you all in the smiling coast of Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my email address is jattaousu@yahoo.com

and my msn is ous.o@hotmail.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:52 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.