Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Map and pin
bbabcock
post Oct 28 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 234334
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Is there any way to add multiple pin entries on my map for one blog entry? and also is there anyway to change the route that it shows on my map? I'm living in Bangkok but traveling all over and the map doesn't show all my trips originating from Bangkok. I'd also love to add pin entries for cities that don't show up or aren't in the database.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Oct 28 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hi bbabcock:

No, there is no way to add multiple pins to your entries.

What you can do though, is create a new map pin without an entry. There is an option for this when you are on the "New entry" page.

To show all of your trips originating from Bangkok on your map, simply create a new map pin in this same manner in Bangkok in between each of your trips.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need some more help with it.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Oct 28 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Hi,

It's one pin per entry...but not per blog!

Part of the problem is that each trip is usually considered to be a blog and what you are doing is actually creating a bunch of trip within the same blog so they represent your whole semester there.

If you want to keep doing that you will have to enter a "map pin only entry" to show you returning to Bangkok at the end of each little trip. That way the system will show a map line from Bangkok going out to your first destination and then will show a map line for your return to Bangkok and then then next time you go on a trip the system will show you leaving Bangkok to go on the trip and you must not forget to create another entry showing your return to Bangkok.

O course it might be better to just create a new blog for each little trip! That's what I'd do!

As far as cities that are not in our data base, all you have to do is type in the name of the city, select the country and when you are taken to place the map pin the system will show the pin in the center of the country. All you have to do then is click on the map where the actual location of the city is and the map pin will be moved to the new location and then just accept that location!

jacquesl
support@travelpod.com

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:33 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.