Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Volunteer opportunity in Southern Thailand, Great opportunity
Paul
post Oct 3 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #1

Navigator

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Nominate me as a Local Expert

A friend recently sent me this:

"Hi,

How are you doing? I'm trying to contact Moo and asking about if there any possibility that foreign volunteer there interesting to live with community down south in Island, Koh Yao, and helping community for teaching English.

I also think about you if you have any friend that has some experience to teach English, maybe they can do program with school at day time, and evening do with some villagers for teaching English for communication.

They require about 2 months stay (or if volunteer want to stay longer, it's ok too). They will ask for supporting cost of living there with small amount for foods. They are muslim community, so, quite conservative for living and wearing code. But I guess volunteer who can work with Mirror foundation might possible to live there. At least it's just very close to Phuket that they can get there by boat just for relaxation.

Please convey my message to your friend who is interesting to help community and people in rural area.

Thank you in advance.

Lak"

And then this:

"Great, thank you. I just had a chance to meet the leader of this group today and discussed deeply about it. He really needs somebody to stay there. He said small training courses have done many times, but it doesn't work well, because not really get to practice or get more lessons.

Tell me once you get any contact.

I am well. Hope you are well with your new baby too.. So cute, though.
"

So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in contact. Of course you need to be able to act and dress correctly and fit into the local culture.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jan 19 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

There could be some potential here Paul. As you know I'll be in Phuket at least for the immediate future, and depending on how things pan out I could get myself over there for a while. I'll drop you a line if I see an opening..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 19 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Navigator

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Woz,

That opportunity might be perfect for you. Another well and truly off the beaten path experience, a chance to experience a new lifestyle, another religion, another culture and plus helping others at the same time. (The sort of thing that 0.00000000001% of travellers seem interested in despite their pathetic bar stories).

Ha ha - you may have to give up the beers for a bit but.

You can either organise it through me or find Lak on my Facebook friends and go through her.

Hope you are well. Ha ha - sounds like you'll be stuck in this part of the world for quite a while yet.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jan 20 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

QUOTE(ScottWoz @ Jan 20 2009, 10:00 AM) *

...get myself over there for a while. I'll drop you a line if I see an opening..
Sorry, I'll drop you a line when I see an opening..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:32 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.