Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> meeting in suvarnabhumi airport, my friend arrives to suvarnabhumi airport one hour after i do. where
skillish
post Sep 28 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87517

hey there everybody,
i am posing this question to those who have been to the suvarnabhumi aiport a few times and have a good idea of its general layout. My friend and i will be arriving to the airport separately as he will be coming from new york and i will be coming from london. out flights (if on time) will arrive one hour apart. i figure that it will be way easier to meet up in the airport than to try to meet each other at our guest house. SO i am wondering if anybody has any suggestions to a good EASY place to meet up in the airport.

Thanks!

jack
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paul
post Sep 28 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #2

Navigator

Member No.: 98

Yeah - this is a good question.

The new airport is not very convenient for meeting.

There is a few restaurants and cafes on the 2nd floor I think, or the bigger and cheaper restaurant on the bottom level. They might be easiest and most comfortable.

I think I have seen a few floor plans on the Internet somewhere for the airport, so will try to find them and put the link in here, or if you can search for them and find them, please put it here.

Good luck
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Sep 28 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Navigator

Member No.: 98

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/86
here is a really useless map where it is hard to see and understand everything. It has the suggested meeting place, but from memory there are no seats there and not much room and so it is completely not suitable.

Hang on I will see what else I can find:

http://www.airportsuvarnabhumi.com/Internal_Airport.pdf

Here is the same map but with some better explanations. So the restaurants I was talking about were on level 1 and 3.

http://www.airportsuvarnabhumi.com/about-s...port-vdo-guide/

Here is a video guide.

http://www.toursuvarnabhumi.com/suvarnabhu...port_layout.php

My computer didn't show that one, but maybe yours will and maybe it is useful?????

I think either tell your friend that you'll be in one of the restaurants on level 3. Then get there and find one that has some room. He can walk around and find you easily - it only takes 5 minutes to look in all the restaurants there.

Or, tell him to meet you in the restaurant on the bottom floor. You walk out to your left, go downstairs and go to the furthest left hand (left as you are walking out of the airport) end and you'll find that restaurant. Only disadvantage there, is that there is no waiting service, so you will either have to try take your bags to the counter to order something or leave them unattended while you order. The upstairs restaurants will (I hope) come to your table.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
skillish
post Oct 2 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 87517

Thanks paul! i'm sure we'll be able to figure out where to meet between all the maps!

jack
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 10:19 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.